How screwed am I?

I was planning on changing it again after about 100 miles. Do you think that would be to long to wait or would you change it sooner. I have to put the bike on the back burner for a week or so because I have to rebuild the bottom end of my Dodge Dakota that decided to spin a rod bearing. To not be a mechanic I seem to be doing a lot of mechanical work lately. :shrug:

wait, you're gonna do the bottom end on a motor that spun a rod bearing and you're NOT a mechanic? Hope you've found a good Dodge forum!!:yikes:

wait, you're gonna do the bottom end on a motor that spun a rod bearing and you're NOT a mechanic? Hope you've found a good Dodge forum!!:yikes:

Not a mechanic but not my first rodeo on doing a crank kit. Only thing that will be fun is setting the timing. Already have the motor pulled and disassembled all you need is a Haynes manual and lots of patience. :thumbsup: And yes I have great Dodge forum!!:D

I don't think 100 miles to too long. I'd just let the oil mix around in their and then see what is produces. You never know, it could be a hottie or it could be Janet Reno-ish.

Not a mechanic but not my first rodeo on doing a crank kit. Only thing that will be fun is setting the timing. Already have the motor pulled and disassembled all you need is a Haynes manual and lots of patience. :thumbsup: And yes I have great Dodge forum!!:D

:thumbsup:

Back