Hydraulic Clutch Conversion - Any Interest?

Yea, so how does it feel? Every hydrualic clutch I've ever used felt like poo. Almost a switch, y'know, it's either engaged or it's not, no in-between.

These things have to be engineered properly to make them work worth a shit. There has to be a proper balance between master cylinder diameter and slave cylinder diameter, as well as hydraulic line diameter. Get it wrong and the system will still ~work~ but there will be little or no linearity to it, it will provide a very exponential operating curve rather than a more linear one.

Sure, anyone can get lucky and end up with a great feeling setup. But for the most part it is something that has to be worked out. I had an 80+ HP Banshee (clocked at 107mph on the Sealey dry lake bed) that had some RD-350 clutch tricks done to it by Toomey. Even so, the cable system was fine enough for me to race that thing in AMA District 38 Desert Racing events (So Cal area). 200+ mile races for the most part.

What I'm getting at is, are the hydraulic retrofits really that much of an improvement over the stock cable system? I mean is the lousy feel an acceptable trade-off for heavly pull? I'm actually asking, not being rhetorical.

Or are the hydro-retrofits actually pretty good?

Mine had great feel and very linear. The set-up I used was a complete system built by Magura for a KTM dirtbike, so everything was matched. Very simple and reliable modification.:bike:

Mine had great feel and very linear. The set-up I used was a complete system built by Magura for a KTM dirtbike, so everything was matched. Very simple and reliable modification.:bike:
And yet another successful installation! Great to hear. Thanks for your reply, I'll most certainly look into this.

:)

Back