I cant believe theres already snow

Haven't had any stick yet, but getting a smattering to a heavy dusting for over a week. May be getting some in a few days.

It snowed here all day yesterday. It's been melting but we still have a few inches on the ground. :thumbsdown:

No snow here yet Travis dragged it all up by him but too cold for MC riding now. Talking a low of 10 turkey day night. Might as well snow so I can put on the skinny skis.

I didn't realize it gets so cold so soon up there. I will ride at any temperature in town as long as there's no ice, and on the highway as long as it's above about 40. That's the limit of my gloves vs. frostbite at highway speed. We won't have more than a couple weeks total of snow on the ground. Knock on wood. It's been around 65 lately.

I was reading about the old days, and people would put a blanket over the bike and their legs and use the engine heat to keep warm, and tie rope around the tires, like tire chains, for traction. That's hard core old-timey.

and people would put a blanket over the bike and their legs and use the engine heat to keep warm, and tie rope around the tires, like tire chains, for traction. That's hard core old-timey.
Bet there were some tales about the blanket getting caught in the chain :yikes:

We received our first "one inch" of snow here today in Quebec. I wish I could move to a place where there's no winter ... :laugh:

We got our first snow in N.E. Ohio this morning and it doesn't look good for the rest of the week. The bikes have Sta-Bil in the tanks and the batteries are on the battery tender. My Jeep will be my transportation until Spring.

Damn Ohio weather :laugh:

I got sick of not being able to ride and took my fatboy out in the middle of January after the roads were plowed and salted last year. I work outside alot so I have good winter gear,but straight 50 isnt good for jan riden I guess so I had to replace the cracked breather gear over the summer.
It wasnt too bad of a ride but I didnt get too far with the wind burning my ears. I never thought to get a helmet lol. Just cruising around town for a wile made me feel better.
Cant afford a snowmobile, I'v taken my quads out in the snow a few times but its not the same and even w/ 4wd I get stuck when the snow is too deep.

Just go ahead and ride in the snow. Looks pretty normal to me.

Back