I did the 277 Pamco How-To / How about a regular Pamco writeup?

Punkskalar

Hugh's HandBuilt
Reaction score
PS - It usually takes me 7-8 hours to install, document, take photos and do the writeup, so if you folks aren't interested, I dont mind putting the time in elsewhere :)

Hugh

You know you are only going to get YES answers.
Might as well get the camera out.
By now you probably have some regulars of the female persuasion.
Any chance one of them will want to be holding/pointing to the parts and pieces?
Not that we don't luv ya bro but....................

I enjoyed your step by step 277 install. for the mechanically challenged it really clarifies some nuances. I think it is a great Idea. Keep up the good work.

Absolutely! I'm going to do the Pamco install in my '81, and I'd love to be able to compare my steps to yours. Also, if you are going above and beyond the install, and show how to properly time the engine using the Pamco, all the better :thumbsup:

Really hoping to see the How-To from ya soon!

-Logan :bike:

PS - It usually takes me 7-8 hours to install, document, take photos and do the writeup, so if you folks aren't interested, I dont mind putting the time in elsewhere :)

Hugh

What! do you mean to say you have time for working on other things :D

your commitment is beyond the call of duty Hugh :thumbsup:

Can't wait. If you get caught up I got an extra engine I'd like to bring you for a rephase. Just to make sure you read your replies.

I had installed my 277 Pamco a while back as part of my ongoing build, but didn't feel really confident that I had done it correctly. Saw Hugh's instructions on his blog so yesterday dismantled it all and started again following step-by-step. It was a breeze and has left me with a nice warm glow, confident that I have done it properly. For those of you hoping for a standard Pamco instructions set, I can say that it would be a real asset. I hope Pete starts including these instructions in his kits (or at least a link to Hugh's blog).

I have to agree... I installed a pamco on my 82' XS about a month ago, and as someone who is pretty new to working on bikes, it would have been awesome to have a write up similar to your 277 one. It wasn't too hard, but there were a lot of subtleties that could have made the whole process way better.

I also want to take this opportunity to thank everyone on the forums that takes the time to do this type of stuff. I know how much time it takes, and you are all awesome for helping us noobs out. :thumbsup:

Wes

Back