I lost my BS34 choke springs during cleaning, HELP!

TRYGAR

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I finally tore into my BS34 carbs to rebels them and do a proper cleaning. The olny problem is that I lost the mini choke springs that are located up near the top slide diaphragm, theres a little mini ball and spring that fwll out when I removed the choke rod. I have the mini metal balls but the 2 springs are gone.

Does anyone know where I could find replacement springs, mikesxs didnt seem to sell them.

:D :thumbsup: :laugh:

Just a little drilling frees the ball the spring is behind it. I like to use a little light grease on the spring before installing it.

I'm think the springs actually fell out completely and are no longer in the carb at all. I've searched my entire garage, trash can, workbench, everything, but no sign of the 2 springs. Ill look closer again at the carbs to make sure they're not just hiding way up in there, but I'm pretty sure they're not in there.

Wait Wait, I got you, I'm a little slow sorry, I had to read your post a couple times, I'll get zirk fitting and do as im told haha....

Thank you fellas:thumbsup:

Last question, is there a certain type or size zerk fitting ill need to make sure I get; also can I get it locally at an autoparts store?

The little ball bearings and springs are pretty damn small. My local car garage had a box of rusty old fittings. I just picked out 3 or 4 for free and went home, extracted the bearing and spring. The spring i needed to cut down, but it worked a charm.

So I hit up my local pepboyz, bought a box of "grease fittings" that different sizes, drilled out the smallest fitting, ball dropped out, and then I went fishing for the spring still stuck on the inside, got the spring out, popped it in the choke spot, and boom, all done, everything works perfect!

You guys are awesome!

thank you

Now I can get my bike ready for a little winter motorcycle camping trip this week

Back