I see Big Dog custom choppers is closing

Was someone here talking about this ad ?
http://charlotte.craigslist.org/mcy/2340712536.html

1996 CUSTOM BUILT , 1996 Custom Built Hard Tail 630 miles, 117ci Hotshot motor, 140 hp 4 5/8 stroker S&S oil pump with a 336 carb, Crane push rods, Dual Plug, Crane HI-4 Single Fire Race Ignition 8-2100.Lots of Chrome, Extra Seat. On the job injury forces sale, my back can't take the vibration. The bike was a garage project, fully completed and well taken care of, but not driven very much. $11995.00, 704-239-2723

Yea, his back cant take the vibration. So in 15 years he rode 600 miles. I think there has been too many of these that they have flooded the market. Factories try to sell things for cost+% basis. That doesn't apply to open market. There would be no problem handing someone a 300% loss. The Law of supply and demand is a bitch.

Cool.
Srinath.

Dude, are you in NC? I'm always looking for other XSers nearby.

Charlotte NC, yes but XS'er ... lets just say its in 300 pieces ... but its rephased ...
Cool.
Srinath.

You're off to a great start. I've only got 1 running.

He he in the land of the blind the 1 eyed man is king.

Well I sold the one that was running a week ago.
I've had 3 so far, but this one may be a while before it gets built.
I'm likely to finish the gr before I get to this one.
Cool.
Srinath.

I used to work at Big Dog Motorcycles back when things were golden (2001-2005). 18-22 motorcycles a day off the end of the Production Line and through Ride Test / QA / Pre-delivery. After that I went to work at Performance Machine / Roland Sands Design for a couple of years.

It was really a magical time at Big Dog Motorcycles. I am very proud of all the products I was a part of. I also learned I realllly like Bass Boat flake and American Flag paint jobs.

I recently ran into an old vendor and the BDM President (at that time period). We had a little discussion, and came to an agreement that we were lucky to be a part of BDM when things were good. I, personally, am sad that BDM could potentially not exist in the future. I had hoped BDM would continue and there would be some form of Legacy, to always be able to look back on.

I still would have a 250 Tire Pitbull (2001-2004). There was one bike in particular that I really felt a part of, since I did so many different tests and component swap outs on it. It was ugly, missing a dash...but man that rattly (always missing something) motorcycle and I really were a team.

Sad now.

Back