Ideal garage proportions

We are allowed in Edmonton 10 X 10 without permit. Needless to say a permit is required when selling the house but as long as it is no complaint to anyone a permit is not always needed. I have been contemplating the two building idea, two 10 X 10 sheds at the max height which I forget what that is. The two would be end to end but not connected on 20 ft skids. It passes the permit as it is two separate buildings, which " sometimes " gets a 2 X 10 screwed two both end walls to make " one " building. Still passes permit as it is only holding the structure straight and is totally movable on skids and is 10 X 21

I went up to TN to visit a close friend. He has a nice little shed.
0520171213_zpspzxfss8y.jpg

I found a spot for my Eleven Special in there. What more does a man need?

Looks like a small aircraft hanger....Nice!

What about a storage shed or mini barn? I bought one somewhere else and just have it sitting on railroad ties for now. 12x24 works great for a bike shop. Framed it in and ran electric to a box.

So the resolution to this question was that an existing 12 x 16 with cement floor was already on the premises, so one set of pallet racks 10 feet long has given me space to park 5 or 6 bikes under the first row and use the second shelf for frames, wheels and so on. My wife then said that the non-leaky clean stuff could go in the two rooms in the basement which are finished, but next to the sump pump, furnace, air condirioner, water softener, etc. and really no use for us but perfect for me. Still have one half of the 2 car garage so I will have to make do. Just sold a rolling chassis, so there is one less to house.

IMG_1335.JPG
I'm just finishing up my new 10x 27 workshop. Just waiting on electrical to get done before we insulate and panel the interior. I'm super stoked to finally have my own dedicated workshop and not sharing garage space with the wife anymore. Now the planning for workbench and storage begins.

Ideal? Are there any abandoned shopping malls in the area? 10000sqft is not to big. Seriously I had a 40x40 steel building at mu old house and it was to small for me. I do work on things besides bikes though. Build as big as you can, it will still be to small.

View attachment 105015 I'm just finishing up my new 10x 27 workshop. Just waiting on electrical to get done before we insulate and panel the interior. I'm super stoked to finally have my own dedicated workshop and not sharing garage space with the wife anymore. Now the planning for workbench and storage begins.

blimey Willis ...here in the UK we'd get 2x families into that space lol:laugh2: ...

Thats a magnificent shed. Looking at that I wish that I'd left an eaves overhang now like yours ......not for thebn sun but the perpetual rain!
.I regret building mine at a mere 10' x 14' now :(
shed 10 x 14.JPG

Here is an update. I purchased a "double door" 20 foot container and had it placed beside the 12 x 16 shed. Shed has a concrete floor and power, so I can run an extension to the container for lights which will shelter the lawn mower and equipment and storage for bikes and parts. I will add a pallet rack to maximize storage. I will have to monitor the humidity in it for a while.
"My" bay of the insulated two car garage can now be decluttered.

Attachments

• SAM_6436.JPG
    SAM_6436.JPG
    316.4 KB · Views: 159
Back