Ignition Switch

franklinshaw

What just happened??
Reaction score
Which wire goes where from this ignition switch?? Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks guys

Attachments

• ;okipoikj.jpg
    ;okipoikj.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 235
  • hkj.jpg
    hkj.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 287
  • download R1.jpg
    download R1.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 268
If its the same as mine;
Red power in
Red/Yellow power to switches
Brown power to coils

Maybe you have a brown wire to each coil? I only have one so I only have 3 wires.

To wire it attach the red to the 'hot' side of the switch. Red/yellow wire and the brown wire/s to the other side of the switch so thy're all feed power.

appears to be a 1974-77 type switch red is the hot from the battery, red/yellow to the handlebar switches, one brown to main power loom, the other brown is usually a blue to the lights... (note) when the switch is wired this way it was for the DOT safety (it's for your own good) requirement that the tail light come on when key was in the PARK posistion, so one of those browns may only be hot when in PARK

Attachments

• untitled.PNG
    untitled.PNG
    2.1 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
The only switches Ill have is the rear brake light switch, an on off switch for the headlight and the ignition switch. No handlebar switches, and you are correct sir, I'm building a '76 bobber with points. Retiredgentleman, when the ignition switch is in the position it would be in when the bike is running should all wires be hot? aside from the main power wire of course which I'm assuming is the red wire.

The only switches Ill have is the rear brake light switch, an on off switch for the headlight and the ignition switch. No handlebar switches, and you are correct sir, I'm building a '76 bobber with points. Retiredgentleman, when the ignition switch is in the position it would be in when the bike is running should all wires be hot? aside from the main power wire of course which I'm assuming is the red wire.

Here's the instruction from Mikesxs:
Position 1. Red wire in headlamp shell from main harness (+ power feed from battery) goes to red Ignition switch wire. Key Position 2. Power is fed out via 2 brown wires & 1 red wire with yellow tracer. Key Position 3. Power is fed out via red wire with yellow tracer only (park position - only tail light is on).

Its an old saying....................if all else fails, read the instructions:D

So with your wiring set-up..............Red is power supply from battery/rec. One brown goes to ignition coils, and one brown goes to headlight. The red/yellow goes to the tail light.

Awesome!! Are those instructions on the mikesxs website? I never thought to look there.. Once again, thank u my friend. U made tht very easy for me!

Back