Ignitor Unit wiring questions.

tbone1980

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
So I am in the middle of wiring my 1982 xs650sj bike and am running into a few questions when wiring my Ignitor Unit. My first question is that my pickup has the wire colors of grey, black, and orange. The wiring diagram I have in my Haynes manual doesn't have those colors for the pickup unit. Anyways I read some where else on this site that you should wire the grey wire to the white/green wire on the ignitor unit, orange to white/red, and black to white/black. Is this correct? My second question is on the ignitor unit there is a black/white wire and a white/black wire and I am wondering which one of these wires is suppose to go to the sidestand relay which I am not using and the other one goes to the black wire off of my pickup unit? Thanks for you help.

I just did this the other day. The black goes to black/white(not white/black), the Orange goes to white/red and the grey goes to white/green. The white/black goes to the sidestand relay.

Thank you for that info. I had a feeling I had to switch that white/black wire with the Black/white. I will then cap the white/black seeing the I am not running a sidestand relay. Thanks again.

Back