in need of a clear glossy coat

I have used the Spray Max2K on several tanks and it has worked great. A little wet sanding with 2000 wet and a quick buff makes it is bright and glassy.It is 2K which means it contains a hardener to protect against fuel spills. Do not confuse it with a can marked 1K from the same company.

Yes, SprayMaxx 2K. A two part is a must for a fuel tank so the hardener can resist fuel. I just did my tank this week, still needs a bit of wet sanding but the clear sprayed very nicely.

If you have a compressor you might want to try PPG's Omni line of paint or clear coat at any auto paint store near you. Just used some of the clear coat at $27 for a full quart. Which is enough to do several tanks...If you don't have any screw ups. :) The hardener for a quart was $20. This stuff does not have the orange peal problem of the 2K rattle cans. For the cost of the 2K plus shipping Omni could save you money. FYI: I have been using a $20 gun from Harbor Freight for several years now and am quite happy with it's performance. The secret is to tear it down and completely clean it out immediately after each use.

Thats the secret to any gun. The acme clear is good too. The flash time is longer than others. But is an immediate shine with minimal buffing

Back