installing lights in frame rail

BlazinJzZz

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=171072894548
How's it going.

I've seen a couple if XS650's with their turn signals in the frame rail underneath the seat. I really like that idea and was hoping to that on my XS650. My only problem at the moment is finding the correct sized signals to actually fit in the frame. I found the linked ones on eBay but have yet to find someone using them. Has anyone else tried this, and if so, what type of signal lights did you use that fit in the frame rail

Any advise is more than welcome!
Johny D.

I did it used these led's http://autolumination.com/indicator.htm half way down the page 7/16" ones and made a piece of round stock steel about 1/2" long that is drilled through and threaded to accept them, then drilled a set screw in them and through the frame to hold them in place and of course a hole further up the frame rail for the wires to come out.
IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

IMG_0741.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

StoriesofBike-md.jpg

This is what I have in mind. How the lights are integrated in to the frame rail. I just can't find a suitable left light that will fit nice and snug. I had seen a thread where a guy uses guitar amp lights. That was a pretty cool idea

I just want to follow this thread as I am debating signals or not. Tons of guys ride without them here and say they never get trouble but it does say you need them in the state patrol regulations. I don't really want any trouble but most signals are just ugly. I did wire the bike for them just in case.

24065d1197160104-oberon-barend-turn-signals-oberon.jpg

Those look great diesel. I would love to put this in the back and these in the front. They're Oberon turn signals, but WAY too expensive!

82b5dc56b7409b729e9d29f9d7b11815.jpg

Anybody know where to get a cheaper alternative to these lights. I like the cylinder style of the signals, but that price tag is quick to detour me.

Back