Into to myself and my brat/scrambler build

Thanks Two Many. While a lot of those are beyond my fab skills, I liked the triangular mesh ones. Would clean them up some though.

I like the idea of filling that space. I think your shape is fine...but to me, without some sort of edge bead, border treatment and/or being able to flare out the cover in some way, it just won't look "finished". It will look like sheet metal screwed on to cover up the battery, vs. adding a positive appearance to the bike.

I know it's a lot more work, but perhaps consider building a mold for each side using your template and adding a little depth/dimension out of foam...then make it out of fiberglass?

Hello to anyone still following my build after so long of an absence! I just accepted a new job and must move in three weeks so I got in the garage and finally finished (mostly) by build! There are still things I want to change, like I didn't have time to put on the rearsets, want to change the clutch perch to black (can't find a YZ black perch, maybe powder coat it?), and I have an oil leak at the right engine cover (new gasket but I forgot the copper washers.) I am not entirely happy with the number plates but had to come up with side covers quickly. She rides incredible! Amazing how fast with the new jetting, Scott exhaust and the weight loss.

I am moving to Alaska and will not have a garage so I needed to finish it up quickly. Will enjoy it here in Florida over the next few weeks and winterize it for storage until the few short riding months I will have this summer. Hope you all enjoy the pics, sorry it took so long to finish!
Mike
IMG_0462.JPG
IMG_0442.JPG
IMG_0451.JPG
IMG_0433.JPG
IMG_0444.JPG

Wow Doc - I just found your thread and it is quite a tale! I really like your bike and the fact that you have tried several different options along the way. You've sure done a good job with it!

Florida to Alaska - in January - wow man! Get yer woollies out!

Pete

Back