Itchy Boots Fan Boi's (Spoilers Ahead)

Jim

Beyond the edge is the unknown. Here be Dragons
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I've spoken to a buddy several times about starting a discussion on her journeys but never pulled the trigger. So... here we are.

Noraly's in western Africa and the rainy season is just kicking off. How much longer can she go? There's gonna come a point where it's too muddy. Her video last night made me think she's about there. That was some serious mud she motored through... both intensity and length.

Any other fans of her channel/travels out there?

EDIT: PLEASE READ. We are going to be discussing current episodes here. If you don't want to see a spoiler, please don't read this thread until you've watched the current episode!!

Last edited:
I've spoken to a buddy several times about starting a discussion on her journeys but never pulled the trigger. So... here we are.

Noraly's in western Africa and the rainy season is just kicking off. How much longer can she go? There's gonna come a point where it's too muddy. Her video last night made me think she's about there. That was some serious mud she motored through... both intensity and length.

I wish I had half the balls she has.

I watch every episode. Haven't see the latest yet. Gutsy girl. I’ll bet she gets hassled and hit on a lot. You can see in some scenes when she’s surrounded by a lot of guys, she moves out quite quickly and is polite but not overly friendly.

I've taken some pretty challenging adventures on my KLR650, but they were just a drop in the bucket in comparison.
Very interesting video.
I was wondering how long her perfect eyeliner in the morning would last. It did finally fade.

I'll check out her other segments.

I've taken some pretty challenging adventures on my KLR650, but they were just a drop in the bucket in comparison.
Very interesting video.
I was wondering how long her perfect eyeliner in the morning would last. It did finally fade.

I'll check out her other segments.

As to her eyeliner, she does a great job of still being a "lady" in a predominately mans world. Who wouldn't want to share a pot of coffee with her and just let her talk.

I just began watching her during her last season , during her trip from South America to Alaska. I was completely hooked! Not only is she a very accomplished rider and totally fearless, but she has also evolved into an extremely good videographer, her multiple camera angles and overhead drone work is so good that some people assume she has a camera crew following her around.

This season in Western Africa has been particularly daunting, due to the extreme poverty of the region. Lack of really basic things, like gasoline, food and clean water and lodging has made her trip very difficult.

I just recently went back to her first season, the episodes were only 5-6 minutes long and you could tell she was just figuring out how to document her journeys. It’s been an interesting progression of her riding skills and film making abilities. Good stuff!
Yeah…..I’m a fan! 😃
IMG_5963.jpeg
IMG_5961.jpeg

I know she’s supposed to be on her own, but how does she get the drone footage? Watched the latest episode… crazy roads!

She actually does it herself, she mounts the controller on top of her tank bag and rides kinda slow. Also some drones can be set up to follow you.
Yes indeed, I am a big fan and have been for a few years. She recently confirmed Bob's comments on another YouTube channel when she was at an ADV bike rally in UK. She and Ryan F9 attended and you can find YouTube videos on it. My wife is hooked on this Africa trip too, but I do worry for her safety. She leads the way for how to get along with people. Remarkable fortitude she has. I think she has Yoda in her tank bag. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

I've only watched two or three episodes - riding into and through Mexico. But she is great at dealing with people, polite but not forward. I guess she has that thing all of us need in potentially dodgy situations where you must avoid appearing helpless or acting like a victim. In the footage I watched, she was was pulled across by the Mexican traffic Police and dealt with them confidently. Before going and having a great lunch at a very basic road-side café.

Maybe riding alone RTW is an excellent way of learning how to manage all categories of encounters with strangers? Most of us will never know.

The video link is Noraly addressing the ABR group. She does a lot of explaining how and what she does behind the scenes.

My wife and I watch together. It’s one of few things we both enjoy following. I’ve been following since she was locked down in Peru. Seriously following since season 6.

Last edited:
I started watching pretty much at the beginning.... first year or so. She's come a long way.
At first she would almost fall over at even the sight of soft sand. Every season saw an improvement and a few seasons ago she was running flat out over the trails of the Kalahari Rally.
It's been an entertaining transformation to watch. I highly recommend going back and watch some of her early stuff.

There’s another that I enjoy. 2-up and Overloaded. They’re in their infancy, but I like the content. I can’t seem to get enough. Itchy Boots is top of the heap. She does not fail to hold my interest.
Actually quiet a few good ones out there now. Riding on Eggshells is another I enjoy. Though they've been rather hit-n-miss lately.

Actually quiet a few good ones out there now. Riding on Eggshells is another I enjoy. Though they've been rather hit-n-miss lately.
I watch lots of them, but many don’t get a second look. I watch some Million Dollar Bogan because he’s a train wreck and who can not look at that. What I enjoy most is what Noraly does. Show me what’s out there that I get no place else. 2-up and Overloaded is doing that as well. They are currently riding Java. In a recent episode they were given food that they didn’t find appealing. It made me think of Quin the Eskimo. That’s the stuff that keeps me coming back.

She's at episode 45 now? Guess I better get to work last one I saw was 42!

When watching her I sometimes think back to a couple the wife and I met at a rally in Lancaster Pa. Seemed to be a nice couple and while having breakfast with them the day we first met they mentioned they had a problem with wife's bike. It got dropped unloading from the trailer. Then a little later mentioned that it wasn't too bad as they just hauled it back home and were riding double. Home was something like 35 mile from the rally site!

This morning wife and I wanted to take a short ride in the cool morning air so we rode to a small diner for breakfast, that was according to Google Maps 31 miles!

There's no motorcycling blog I've followed long term. But there is loads of other stuff apart from travelogues. Been watching a few episodes of a guy in California re-building an old iron-barrel Royal Enfield Bullet, not unlike mine except it's got the problematic five-speed left-foot conversion

https://www.youtube.com/@Cyclingwithgasoline

For a while a few years back, binged on Royal Jordanian - the guy rides Central London on various bikes. Favourite, his and mine, Husqvarna Nuda, supermoto, loud, light, powerful and rude. Rides other things including a Honda, 125cc of mini-bike. Tends to ride around looking at the girls - there's an astounding number of really attractive girls and pretty women around Central London. Has a race with a 4-wheel friend driving a Jaguar Supercar, RJ is on the Grom, the challenge is from suburbs to city centre along the A4 main road in heavy traffic. Guess who wins?

https://www.youtube.com/user/royaljordanian

Back