Its done for now! I introduce "Shitfire" to the masses!

txpowdercoater

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
81 xs w/ 6k original garage kept miles, I cut it in half, installed an air ride off of a ZX-6, extended the swingarm axle location back 3" and up 1", my own version of 2 into 1 pipes and just a whole bunch of other small miscellaneous crap.
When I sit on it, with the air I have in it now, it settles about 2-3" off of the fender. It will go lower and higher, but still trying to find the good pressure for my skinny light ass.

^^ Glad someone else is sayin' what I'm always thinkin'... ^^

Nice tank. Killer sissy bar, brother.

Last edited:
I wus standin on my head, and I see its a Yamaha! Cool stuff, keep at it.

Shit fire, that's nice! I was going to do my headlight with Krylon yellow stain glass paint for that fog light look too, but Missouri won't allow it. I like that old Unity headlight bucket.

Ah, gotcha.

thats why I didnt hardtail it like the masses, I wanted a bike I could ride to austin if I wanted to.
I took it out for a test run last night, with the new gears, 18/30 it cruises easily on the frwy, just cant find a happy spot to keep the chain from making contact with the case unless its soooo tight, so i may go back to the stock drive gear. The bike rode/felt great, but left me stranded about 1.5 miles from the house, totally dead, must not be charging, but when checked with the volt meter earlier in the day it was charging, soooooo, i pushed it home and whew boy thats hell on an old man.

Foot... I'd like you to meet mouth...

Sorry, to hear about your back, brother.

You need a sprung tensioner instead of just a roller (maybe make one):

http://www.westcoastquads.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=338&products_id=2750

http://www.monstercraftsman.com/?l1=products

actually, I have taken the tensioner off, it created a different angle on the chain during normal range of motion, it would tighten and loosen depending on where the swingarm was. W/o it , works perfectly, stays at the correct tension the whole range of motion. I didnt need it after all with the 3" stretch like I figured I would.

Back