It's October, where did you ride today.

I live Duluth Minnesota, usa. Been in the 70's this past week. Rode through Jay Cooke state park; lots of hills and curves. Banning state park, again hills and curves. Iron range, north and south shore of lake superior. God i love this part of the world. :D

^ The north shore is great. I used to get up there a couple of times per year. Lutsen in the winter and gooseberry falls in the spring and fall. Or anywhere else between two harbors and grand marais. :thumbsup:

Hey.
NA GA. Dalonagha up hwy 60, to TN68, Tellico Plains, over the Cherohala Skyway, hit the Dragon, down Hwy 28 to Highlands, down 28 to Warwoman, back over RIchard Russel to Hwy 129, home.
nice day....

Not like anybody would know but,
From Madison In. out Rt.62 to Manville Rd.
Manville Rd. to Brushy Fork, then to Little Brushy Fork. Then up to Greenbrier and in to Moorefield.
Down 129 through the hills and hollers to 56 aka River Rd. and then up Spring Branch to Fishingworm Ridge. Beautifull day for it.

Sidenote to Gary,
Those 750 forks rock! This bike is solid on the turns. Great improvement!

Last edited:
Rode through Nashua yesterday on my way to Hampton beach (rt 111) :D There are a lot of us on this forum from New England! I think we should start a thread for us to do an XS get together spring ride. Lets see how my XS's we can get on one ride, that would make a cool pic!
Abso-friggin-lutely!

I couldn't ride the TX because I'm still waiting for a needle and needle jet to get back to dialing in my single carb conversion, so I worked a bit on buttoning up the air cleaner setup that I'm making from Spectre Automotive Engineering intake products.

Then, I took the little '05 quarter-litre Ninja out for an hour or so, just locally around Ellicott City. They're wild little snotters... they handle like cats on carpet and scream like bloody murder up over 8000 rpm, and are plenty fast enough to get you into a lot of trouble if you don't respect them.

Pretty day for a little ride, though.

TC

100_0639sm1.jpg
One of my favorite bikes was my EX 500. Similar chassis, and basically half a Ninja 1000 engine. Great bike. Thing got like 70 mpg too!

Went to a very large yearly car show. Was 923 cars there by 9 am! Was a bit over 85 degrees. Took the xs home and jumped on the shovel and went and partyed down by the river.

Rode the CB750 this morning like I have been doing every morning lately. Temperature in the high 50's to start off, got up to the mid 60's before the afternoon was over.

I have to ride the CB750 with my new ignition system on it to check it out under all conditions. It's a tough job but somebody's got to do it...:mad:....every day...:bike:

www.cb750ignition.com

cb750.jpg

Last edited:
Rode the CB750 this morning like I have been doing every morning lately. Temperature in the high 50's to start off, got up to the mid 60's before the afternoon was over.

I have to ride the CB750 with my new ignition system on it to check it out under all conditions. It's a tough job but somebody's got to do it...:mad:....every day...:bike:

www.cb750ignition.com

cb750.jpg

Check that baby out thoroughly and get all the kinks out...haha. I'll be ordering one for my cb750 chop soon.

I've been riding my xs650 bob all over the ozark backroads this month...awesome weather, leaves are starting to change and some killer biker hangouts here like

Eureka Springs....here's some of my friends at the cathouse:wink2:

http://www.eurekaspringsphotography...ery.asp?action=master_scrap&check=true&ch=459

Up a dirt road over a mountain. Should have taken a picture but took a picture of the train track beside instead.

Attachments

• DSCI0626.jpg
    DSCI0626.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 158
My wife and I just got back from 10 days on the road in search of fall colors. We made a loop from SC as far north as SW PA and then back south on Skyline and the Blue Ridge Parkway. The Dragon and Cherohala Skyway finished it off. Great trip.

Not on the XS650, but 650s, tho. We ride WeeStroms. Mostly documented here:
phil-n-debb.posterous.com

Looking forward to getting the electrical gremlins out of the '78 XS650 in the garage.

Nice ride you had there. We rode a couple of hours on Skyline a couple of weeks ago. All we had time for, I was hauling the bike while working. The same day I got the Hwy 666 photo above.

NC and TN down around the BRP etc are awesome, and our favorite in that area is Highlands/Cashiers area. Great roads.

John

Went out to give the 75 a bit of exercise. Turned on the fuel and it ran out the overflow on my left carb. Turns out it had a leaky float.
It now runs better than it has in a couple monthes. Had it out for a couple hours and now the midrange problem is gone.
The problem was that at 55-60 mph, let off the throttle and roll on it would hesitate before acceleration. I tried many jet changes and needle positions. Nothing worked.
I never suspected a bad float. One side of the float has a pinhole, the other has a crack.
Glad I had a couple spares. Almost sold them old carbs for parts.
Now I can finish the tuning for the 750 engine. Until I get the new exhaust done.

Back