It's October, where did you ride today.

I rode to woodshole on cape cod yesterday. Took the ferry to Marthas Vinyard. Rode all over the island. I brought fishing rod strapped to back. Saw lots of fish but no luck. The day was a 10 and the xs ran perfect!
Temp dropped to 55 on ride home....add 65 mph on highway..chilly!

Attachments

• downsized_1009001836.jpg
    downsized_1009001836.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 138
75 and gorgeous here in lansing mi!!! I used the nice weather to fix the brakes on the wifes Trailblazer. The previous owner put new pads on whooped-out, crap-ass rotors. ANd yes thats the technical term for it. LOL. I rode yesterday though, on my CB1100F!!!

I rode to woodshole on cape cod yesterday. Took the ferry to Marthas Vinyard. Rode all over the island. I brought fishing rod strapped to back. Saw lots of fish but no luck. The day was a 10 and the xs ran perfect!
Temp dropped to 55 on ride home....add 65 mph on highway..chilly!
Down Shore Drive? My in-laws are in West Falmouth.

down rte. 28 to the ferry. Shore drive go over by nobska light? I didn't go that way. Falmouth is one of my favorite town on the cape.
We also go up to squam lake alot in the summer...are you close to there tech7?

Yup, by Nobska. Nice twisty road by the ocean. I live in Nashua. The in laws live less than a mile from the Heights in Falmouth.

Rode about 40 miles of country roads a little east of Brainerd, MN today. The bike ran great, and the day was beautiful. I closed up my family's place up there this weekend and winterized the bike, no room for it here in the cities :(. It was a great little last ride of the season.

I took a nice ride through western MA, into southern NH, then back home again. Coming home I hooked up with a small group of older UJMs that knew how to RIDE! I was pushing hard to keep up with them on my Buell.

Rode to the beach yesterday with an old friend. I took Bueller and he rode his "86" Eliminator. Left the house early and it was 38deg :eek: High for the day was 62deg, did about 240mi total :bike: p.s. In the photo you can see my arms away from my body, not trying to be a tough guy I just had so many layers of cloths on I was like Ralphy's little brother from "A Christmas Story" :laugh:

Went in search of Morgan's monument, I left the XS650 at home because of the long distances we had to cover.

Morgan's monument near West Point Oh:

October8th006.jpg

A stop along the way:

October8th001.jpg

It was a beautiful fall day, temps in the mid 80s.

I couldn't ride the TX because I'm still waiting for a needle and needle jet to get back to dialing in my single carb conversion, so I worked a bit on buttoning up the air cleaner setup that I'm making from Spectre Automotive Engineering intake products.

Then, I took the little '05 quarter-litre Ninja out for an hour or so, just locally around Ellicott City. They're wild little snotters... they handle like cats on carpet and scream like bloody murder up over 8000 rpm, and are plenty fast enough to get you into a lot of trouble if you don't respect them.

Pretty day for a little ride, though.

TC

100_0639sm1.jpg

Working the evening shift I go to town in short sleeves. Coming home after midnight it's chaps, sweat shirt, heavy coat and gloves. My sheep skin is long enough I pull it back and tuck it under my coat for a nad rag. So I know the "full" feeling gordenscott mentioned.
Yesterday was the annual rally to support the local homeless shelter/workshop. The
16th yearfor this event. They block off the 2 blocks in front for bike only parking. And it is usually full both sides with another "lane" in the middle of street. Mostly newer bigger bikes. The highlights for me were the R1000 with sidecar and an original 78 Bonniville(?).

65 Cool and Sunny in RI, took a 100 mile ride down to an arts festival with the lady riding passenger, rode through got bored and turned around. My g/f's car is in the shop so shes borrowing the VW, 650's my main ride now.

75 and gorgeous here in lansing mi!!! I used the nice weather to fix the brakes on the wifes Trailblazer. The previous owner put new pads on whooped-out, crap-ass rotors. ANd yes thats the technical term for it. LOL. I rode yesterday though, on my CB1100F!!!
UMMMM CB1100F :heart:

I took a nice ride through western MA, into southern NH, then back home again. Coming home I hooked up with a small group of older UJMs that knew how to RIDE! I was pushing hard to keep up with them on my Buell.
I live in western ma and ride a Buell :D We'll have to hook up for some twisties in the spring :thumbsup:

Yup, by Nobska. Nice twisty road by the ocean. I live in Nashua. The in laws live less than a mile from the Heights in Falmouth.
Rode through Nashua yesterday on my way to Hampton beach (rt 111) :D There are a lot of us on this forum from New England! I think we should start a thread for us to do an XS get together spring ride. Lets see how my XS's we can get on one ride, that would make a cool pic!

Rode the Tractor (93 KLR650 ) around town and out of town on some rough gravel and got myself on to the old (abandoned) highway and bridges for some exploratory duties. KLR was probably the best decision i have made.:) only about 150Km's. 22*c all day

atleast someone in lansing took advantage of the weather

...but ups should be here soon!!

It was in the mid 80's yesterday. I was too hungover to ride anywhere to watch the Bears game in the morning, but I made it down Lake Shore Drive -> North Avenue -> friend's apt in Wicker Park -> up Western back to my place in Lincoln Square. Not a long ride, but it was perfect weather. Almost laid it down turning right over a patch of invisible sand. Fishtailed a bit and startled me, but nothing happened.

Still nice out today, can't wait for my lunch break!

Back