I've been window licking,,

Yoozy

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
For way too long,[about 3 years] and today I'm stepping inside the shop to make a purchase.
Just on me way to view a nice looking and seemingly mint, well loved and genuinely cared for 78 650. Its 200 miles away, its 500 quid over what I wanted to pay for one, so it'd better be good.
Had Aprilias for about 15 years but recently sold my Tuono and bought a Ktm Smt, got a Trx 850 and an,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,onda superdream I'm doing a scrambler jobby on.. I know :wtf:
I'm a fat, grey haired, misserable and a bordeline alky. From Mancunia England and a Utd supporter, so I might as well tell Leslie to fuck off right now :D
As soon as I've pressed submit I'm jumping in the van and going for it, so wish me luck and hopefully its good and a full report will follow :)

BWHAHAHAHA yeah might as well get it worked out with Leslie first thing.
Welcome to the site and good luck on the purchase. Hope it is cherry.

Managed 21 miles.

photo11_zps27667548.jpg

Hi and welcome, glad to hear you are going to get the bike!
Quite a few UK members on here now :)
Pop some pics up when you get it - does it need any work? What are your plans for it?

Neh then :) The owner has been going to Europe on it every year, so it sounds spot on. As for what I'm doing, I don't really know tbh. I love both the trackers and the cafe, so something in between a spose.
Our oversees buds can't realise how lucky they are over there, it seems theirs an endless supply of $200 bikes. Whereas over here your looking at £1000+ for a decent dooerupperrer. I've litterally been looking for 3 years and always missed out on the ones I've fancied. That's why I'm determined to go for this one :thumbsup:

Yep, you're right there - the prices are climbing! I keep an eye on ebay and recently there's been little to choose from. There are the cheaper US imports but obviously they need registering too.
Sounds like you've found a good one there though!
Ive just finished my third ground up build - Cafe Racer, just hoping for the good weather so I can get it dialled in :)

Yeah, no problem at all - ask away. there are lots of very helpful people on here so pop some posts up if you're stuck. Also the Tech section at the top of the page is very useful, especially the carb guide. The search function too is handy for finding other posts similar to what you're after.

Oh yes, I've been through that lot several times. That's why I can't make my mind up and probably why you've done 3 :laugh:

Am I glad I made the effort ? Ohh yessss

photo230_zpsd21a66e0.jpg

photo326_zps7bb1b911.jpg

photo414_zpsde632581.jpg

photo58_zpsc8b8239f.jpg

Had a bit of a resto a few years ago, powder coat, new chrome, coils, bearings etc.

Now where's the big smug fukker smiley ?

Cheers chaps. Its running a bit rich atm as you'll have spotted, but can you see my quick bodge ???.
The chap who owned it bought it off a fellow XS nut who'd owned it for years, loads of bills and bits n bobs with it. A real gem and the sort of thing you don't get often. He says the tank has never been left overnight not full, that sort of chap, and I believe him, its mint.
Tax/mot all up to date and it goes like stink, so tomorrow I may just go for a bimble.

Back