Japanese Bratstyle Handlebars, where to get?

tomschouten20

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a handlebar like the typical curvy handlebars mostly used on bratstyle bikes in Japan.

7churchoffchoppers.jpg

I have some similar bars. They are made by a company called Baxter. Mine were listed as 'jackrabbit' bars. I wanted the same bars you are thinking of, but they might be custom. If you take a set of 'chump' bars and narrow them i think you get closer to what you are looking at... here are mine... they are the Jackrabbits. I got them from www.lowbrowcustoms.com

Yami+406.jpg

I think there's a reason the guy in the pic is coasting along not holding the bars. Look interesting but I can't imagine riding for any length of time with them.

Front Street Cycle has a huge range of bars and he'll custom bend you some too.

frontstcycle.blogspot.ca

If the part where the levers etc. are wouldn't be in such an angle I guess they would be much more comfortable to ride. What I like about the bars those japanese guys have is the curvyness.

I have put probably 2-300 miles on those bars in my pic... they hurt after a couple of hours, or when riding in city traffic... but they arent that bad... If you are riding a brat or a chopper you really arent concerned that much about comfort..

These bars would be cool if they were sectioned and narrowed.. At first it looked like they were using these... but comparing them now it does look like the jackrabbits in the pic...

detail_51_chumps_black_front-biltwell-handlebars.jpg

I'd definitely check out Front Street Cycle then. He'll do up bars in plain or stainless steel and in 7/8 or 1". I'm working with Craig on a design for mine while he's working on 2 custom fenders for me.

monkee+&+springer+monkee.jpg

crazymonkee+panhead+1.jpg

Back