Just installed pamco- Wow

johnnymac

1975 xs650b
Reaction score
I have a 75 XS650b. It ran great (one or two kick starter every time). I had the points dialed in well and had good power through all gears. When kicking it over it would often kick back somewhat which made me think the timing could be off. I reset timing many times slightly advanced and retarded. I got my Pamco kit from mikes this weekend :). I installed the lower output coils (cheaper kit) and the unit. This thing was almost too easy to install. From start to finish it was no more than 45 minutes and what a difference. I swear I can kick start the thing with my hand now. I can tell the spark is way better than stock because the bike fires up on a 1/4 kick. I just got back from 5 mile spin around town and I still can't wipe the smile from my face. What a great product. When I get my next XS it is the first thing that I'm doing- As a side note I ordered the kit from Mikes on Tuesday and it was delivered here in CA on Friday:). Thanks Pete and the rest of the knowledgeable folks on this site!!!

Attachments

• pamco1.jpg
    pamco1.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 236
  • coil.jpg
    coil.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 252
  • pamcodone.jpg
    pamcodone.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 234
Your right I just ran to the garage and tried it- Fired up on one hand crank- I love it

I have a 75 XS650b. It ran great (one or two kick starter every time). I had the points dialed in well and had good power through all gears. When kicking it over it would often kick back somewhat which made me think the timing could be off. I reset timing many times slightly advanced and retarded. I got my Pamco kit from mikes this weekend :). I installed the lower output coils (cheaper kit) and the unit. This thing was almost too easy to install. From start to finish it was no more than 45 minutes and what a difference. I swear I can kick start the thing with my hand now. I can tell the spark is way better than stock because the bike fires up on a 1/4 kick. I just got back from 5 mile spin around town and I still can't wipe the smile from my face. What a great product. When I get my next XS it is the first thing that I'm doing- As a side note I ordered the kit from Mikes on Tuesday and it was delivered here in CA on Friday:). Thanks Pete and the rest of the knowledgeable folks on this site!!!

I think I'm gonna frame this....:thumbsup: Thanks.....:D

I swear I'm not the brown nosing type, but that system of yours, Pamcopete is a dream come true. Points seemed great until now. I know you can explain the differences but I sure as hell feel them. The thing I like the most is that I still have a few issues to work out on my bike, but I can cross ignition and timing off the list. Thanks again-

do think pamco pete could make an electronic ignition for model a ford 1929 just throwing it out there pete

Last edited:
Just got mine in last week, haven't installed yet cause the bike is tore down. Hoping to get it put back together and running in a week or so, can't wait to try it out. Points suck, BTW

2 most important things to do (other than maintenance) to an XS. Get Pete to light your fire, and get your charging system up to par...

i didn't know hugh offered a complete PM swap kit, and all parts are brand new? i swore i was done buying parts - now i want a pamco and a PM swap kit, Damn it!

^^^ i think it's a great deal, banshee parts are getting expensive, especially if you consider the cost of shipping for each individual part. 650central offers the sparx unit for $500 which i think is a tad steep.

the pamco is also a great deal if you're converting a points bike over to electronic ignition - its neck and neck with the boyer if you're converting a tci model

some time after the event I know, but damn that's a good-looking tank johnnymac!
:thumbsup:

Back