Just need to Vent!!!!!!

lidirtrider

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
A little over 2 months I had a neurological episode. It was initially thought to be a small stroke. The only thing that seemed to baffle my doctors, is the fact that I am only 34 years old. After many tests, and blood samples, MRIs, CT scans, and a SPINAL TAP (WOOHOOO!!!), I have once again stumped the medical professionals. It is now no longer believed to be a stroke. The doctors now think it Clinical Isolated Syndrome. It is similar to, and usually the first sign of Multiple Sclerosis (MS). Awesome.

Since I feel totally fine, I'm not concerned too much about my physical well being. Whatever it is, it is. There is nothing that can change that. It is my job that I care about. I am an FDNY Fireman, and I was told today that I am going to ride a desk for at least the next 6 months, or until my next MRI. Then, if everything still looks OK, I will probably have to fight to return to full duty status.

It just seems like another added layer of stress that I could do without right now. I don't need sympathy, and I don't want good cheer. I just needed to vent, and this always seems like a good blowoff valve.

I hear ya bro. I am 35 and I'm runnin' around with two herniated disks in my back. No injuries to cause it, perfect health otherwise, eat right, get plenty of exercise, wtf :shrug:

I've had peripheral neuropathy for 13 years, a neurological condition caused by chemo nerve burn. Episodes ran 8-12 hours duration. Did much research, many experiments, found permanent reversal of 80% of symptoms by using Alpha-Lipoic-Acid (ALA), a natural food extract, found largely in potatoes. It is claimed to be a powerful anti-oxidant, even rejuvinates/recycles short-lived vitamin C. The human body must maintain a blood Ph of 7.1-7.2 (very slightly alkaline), or you die, and utilizes a system of enzymes to maintain that Ph. When the body acidity gets too high, it will rob calcium from your stores (bone) as the second stage of management. It will also start to deny the alkalyzing agents to other parts of the body, rob peter to pay paul, to preserve the blood Ph. When this occurs (common in over half of the population), other organs and systems (nervous) become acidic, leading to potential organ/system failures, decreased immunity, bizzare/unexplainable symptoms, and high cancer risk.

A quick way to test for this condition is to do a saliva Ph test. Saliva glands pull fluids directly from the bloodstream, and are aggressivly denied alkalyzing agents when in this condition, and the saliva becomes acidic (the actual cause of dental carries/decay, and sour taste that craves sugar). Sugar actually aggravates this condition by releasing large amounts of hydrogen during metabolism.

You need Litmus test strip paper, that shows a marked color change both sides of Ph 7.0 (neutral). Avoid drinks, smoking, food for 1-2 hours, dribble some of your saliva onto a clean non-metallic surface (ceramic saucer...), then test with the litmus paper.

FYI, 100% of terminally ill cancer patients show an acidic saliva.

If you show as acidic, you can rapidly reverse it by using liquid calcium citrate supplements, usually within 24 hours. Then a dietary change to more green leafy vegetables and less acid-inducing foods (sugars, hoofed animal meats).

Sorry to be so wordy, but I take this stuff seriously now...

I wonder if your problem could be stress related? I was working in a high stress job many years ago I started losing control of body functions,I'd be waking along and like all my muscles were turn off,and like a sack of potato's I'd flop down to the ground.It was the scariest thing for my wife to see,I didn't like it much either.The Doctors ran all kind's of test's like they did you.I couldn't do my job any more but after a couple months off I got better and the guy's who PRACTICE medicine decided it was stress related.The test's you've had came up negative,if you keep you spirit's you will get better.So chin up and my prayers are with you.

Well if I didn't have any stress, I certainly have some now. The doctors have it narrowed down to Clinical Isolated Syndrome (CIS, a one time MS like event) or MS. Problem is, we won't know if its MS unless something happens. If nothing happens, it's not MS. Basically the best and worst diagnosis I can get. Meanwhile, the Fire Department won't let me resume full firefighting duty for at least the next 6 months, and then it is still questionable. Shitty.

Thanks for listening. Might be time wrench on bikes full time.

Back