Just Ride.

Should this ride thread be just a.... well, thread? Or should there be a dedicated Forum topic?

• Yes, it's own topic in the Forums

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • Nah... threads good enough.

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
WOW - is that a '58 Edsel?

From what I have been told by Ford folks I know, aside from the slightly "odd" styling of the grill (well, let's be charitable and call it a "horse collar"), the big problem with these cars was the vast array of complex electrical accessories - all in the days before these things were common. They had a complex electronically controlled transmission as well as a full suite of other "power" options. As a result, they were difficult to build and workmanship was poor and that led to a reputation as being unreliable and hard to service properly.

Too bad - Ford really muffed that one and sullied the good name of Henry's only son who, by all accounts was a good person and a competent executive.

I was just thinking about that statement and realized, I’d never heard of that brand of helmet. Is it a fairly new design? It’s been a couple years since I went helmet shopping. I looked it up, it’s a very interesting design.
How do you like it?

I have seen Gary's QuietRide helmet and it is really a clever design. I'd love to get one but I was pretty sure he had said that they were not being made any longer...
http://www.quietridehelmets.com/carbon-fiber-full-face-helmet-old/
He still has Helmets but looks like he's liquidating stock. I still think it's a great concept, I have real difficulty getting ear plugs in. Rode a lot of miles with these helmets.

WOW - is that a '58 Edsel?

From what I have been told by Ford folks I know, aside from the slightly "odd" styling of the grill (well, let's be charitable and call it a "horse collar"), the big problem with these cars was the vast array of complex electrical accessories - all in the days before these things were common. They had a complex electronically controlled transmission as well as a full suite of other "power" options. As a result, they were difficult to build and workmanship was poor and that led to a reputation as being unreliable and hard to service properly.

Too bad - Ford really muffed that one and sullied the good name of Henry's only son who, by all accounts was a good person and a competent executive.
Yes, it's a '58 Edsel. I failed to look at the badge for the trim package.

Snortin' Norton - do it - you know you want to.....;)

....what could possibly go wrong....?

Women-British-Flag-Union-Jack-Dress-Girls-Spice.jpg

At phils no issues sorry Bob.View attachment 169696
Gary
Have you found yourself trying to shift the brake or brake the shifter. Used to have that problem once in a while when I had my Triumph running. Rode the BMr and dirt bike 95% of the time. When I would take the Triumph out habit would take over once in a while.

....he’s not home yet.
It's been a long time, mighty quiet around here.

AM TOO!
?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.jpg

All went well, not a glitch So there! you, you, commoner. :sneaky:
And cuz this a ride thread. This is near home, have always liked it.
20200613_191905.jpg

\
PS 210 miles today I've put more miles on it in the last week than it was ridden the previous 4 YEARS.

Last edited:
Back