Kawasaki 750

crashcourse

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey ya'll! Picked up this Kawasaki last night. It's been sitting for a year and a half, the owner had moved away and left this behind. Saw it while out strolling with the wife, did some detectoring and tracked down the owner. Let me have it for a song.

Title and keys will be coming shortly. In the mean time, I rolled it home. The plan is to get it running and fix anything that's cheap and resell it. My 650 needs a new paint job!

Attachments

• IMG01308-20140323-1654.jpg
    IMG01308-20140323-1654.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 206
Yeah, I had the interesting experience of my wife trying to convince me I should KEEP this one, but I'd rather put my money and energy into getting the 650 really nice. Holding onto a new bike is always tempting, and will probably be even more so once I get it running.

Lessee here...no kicker so it's an '80 and later...CV carbs...dual front disc brakes and single disc rear. Hyvo cam chain. Watch the "automatic cam chain adjuster" for sticking. earlier manual was better. Electronic ignition. KZRider and KZ650.com for plenty of advice. You sure you want to part with it? Or be able to after a couple rides? I've heard great things about these bikes.

Had a 30 minute lull in other projects so I got the starting fluid and jumper cables out. The starter cranked it right over and the engine even chuffed a few times! next chance I get I'll have the carbs off and cleaned, and with some fresh fuel and oil and a new battery this thing will be running! (But not road ready...I'll have to rebuild all the brake master/slave cylinders first).

Back