Keihin flatslide PWK carburetor, oppinions, issues?

Mikes does "include" one size bigger and one size smaller jets when you purchase the kits.

I reposted because I did it wrong the first time.

Easy enough to edit the post.........Bottom left on each post........or you can delete it...........

No where on the PWK carb info, does mikesXS say they supply extra sets of jets...........

I didn’t get any extra jets with my set. They feel smooth but such a prick to dial in. They are running super rich and I’m over it!

Changing it to two into one now with VM34 duck it

Easy enough to edit the post.........Bottom left on each post........or you can delete it...........

No where on the PWK carb info, does mikesXS say they supply extra sets of jets...........

Maybe not but all I know is I got them with the kit I just got about 2 months ago. Came with 2 extra main jets and 2 extra primary jets.

XS Performance Carb XS650! ** UNASSEMBLED KIT **32mm Flatslide Carb Set - Includes: Right & Left Carbs, Manifold Gaskets (#18-0865), Carb holder screws (#49-0741), 2 into 1 Throttle Cable (#48-9046), Billet Aluminum Intake Manifolds, Rubber Hose, 49mm Band clamp (#15-0685), 67mm Band Clamps (#15-0686), Fuel Line Filter (#20-0013) and Air Filters (#15-0035), Extra Pilot & Main Jets for different elevation.For higher elevation you can purchase separately our #95 Main Jet (#48-0909)Our Carbs were Dyno tested and tuned for XS650's.A replacement for the 1980 to 84 stock Mikuni BS34 Carbs or your worn out BS38's (1970-79).Notes: As with all carburetors, they are very sensitive to rust from a 30+ year old gas tank. Please check your tank for rust and also install a fuel line filter. Stock air filter box must be removed.NO separate manifolds will be needed for D-Models..Also available for PWK Carbs different Carb Holders #48-7500, #48-7501 & #48-9035 and Long Carb Holder Bolts #48-9034 CHECK OUT ASSEMBLED KIT ITEM # 48-9000 **** Note, this is intended for dealers or technicians, instructions are not provided. Made in

Ok. All I am dying to know. Is where does the vacuum line f on the petcock hook up. Please god. Someone tell me.

Oh. My. God. I didn’t get that. I didn’t know there was a kit for the keihin carbs... holy... wow. I’m such an idiot. That website is so non informative for someone brand new. Like myself to the XS world. Oh my god. I’ve just wasted so much money. Well. Hopefully mikes will help me out and understand, huh? Bummer.

Ok. All I am dying to know. Is where does the vacuum line f on the petcock hook up. Please god. Someone tell me.
Hello there, Please do not give up so easily - I would like to say again. If you ever experience any issues or need technical advise, regardless where you purchased your items, please contact customerservice@mikesxs.net. The PWK carbs in question are a division of Keihin. These are flat slide carbs that will perform without concern. Aftermarket carburetor swaps will take some experience, you have changed the design of the original aspects of the motorcycle. In some cases professional assistance is required. MikesXS is available to assist with the novice that wants to be able to install these major attributes to his motorcycle successfully. There are only one inlet to each carb for fuel. That is the largest inlet on the carburetor itself. The smaller diameter with the colored hoses are vents only and are directed to the ground. These carbs will work with either diaphragm or typical gravity feed fuel petcocks. If you decide to keep the diaphragm petcock on your bike just use the "prime" position. This will gravity feed your bike. If the diaphragm petcock is operating correctly, the on position is actually off when the bike is not running on the original Yamaha factory set up. It will serve the same purpose in this case. If you choose to eliminate the vacuum petcock MikesXS offers p/n 20-0019 for a non-vacuum petcock.

Heyyyyyy So I just got these and i am seriously stuck on what goes where. I think I've figured it out only by just guessing. I literally have almost no idea whatsoever how to install these. but i'm totally winging it and jumping in. If someone could post some sort of pics somewhere of what hoses go to which valve. and the fuel line and the petcock vacuum hoses go where? did i read that i need new boots? how do these connect? what about the choke thing, do I need to magyver those together? help is needed... just some direction.....
The choke thing is individual. You really do not have to do both chokes to start. Here are a couple photos to assist
IMG-5123.JPG
IMG-5122.JPG

Attachments

• IMG-5121.JPG
    IMG-5121.JPG
    193.5 KB · Views: 254
How do you all find the jjm or jjm, jjk needles? Every time I search for them nothing comes up except the conversion chart that I don’t understand. Like I get the measurements, I can find that, but then it wants me to convert it to a part number and I’m just not getting it?

https://www.jetsrus.com/a_jets_by_carburetor_type/needle_keihin_N427-48.html

I’m having where it is a little to rich off idle and stumbles unless I roll into it. I saw the post earlier where mrriggs used a jjm needle but that’s not a clickable part to buy...and I’d like to know in case I need a different needle so I can find it on my own. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
These things are real particular about the sync. I use a mercury manometer to sync at idle, then hold the slides slightly open and do an inital sync of the cables. To fine tune the cables, I zip tie a couple of vacuum gauges to the handle bars so I can watch the vacuum at a steady cruise speed.
Hi mrriggs, I want to connect a mercury manometer to my carbs as you suggest but there are no fitting barbs on the provided manifolds to attach the manometer hoses. Where do you attach yours?

Hi mrriggs, I want to connect a mercury manometer to my carbs as you suggest but there are no fitting barbs on the provided manifolds to attach the manometer hoses. Where do you attach yours?
Get the mounts with the barbs or some people drill and glue in barbs. I know where I can get you a new set with barbs. Pm me if interested. Need to pay shipping from Canada though.

Back