Last ride before pulling the motor

Motorbreath22

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are some pics from when I was riding around last april the day before I pulled the motor for a rebuild. Should be back on the road pretty soon.

IMAG0480.jpg

IMAG0479.jpg

IMAG0477.jpg

Where in California? Nice shots.
Pics look more like Wyoming or the Dakotas.....

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Some backroads off of Hwy 108 in between Oakdale and Sonora. I like cruisin around there cause it does kinda have a Black Hills feel to it.

with the motor out, now is a good time to do things to the frame that you didn't do before....sorry to add to the list.
whats wrong with the motor? need rings?

I swapped the transmission. It was popping out of 2nd and 5th. Clutch was slipping, and a gasket blew at the end of that ride. I'm doing a 750 kit, might port the heads. Any other suggestions?

yes. important components like fork tubes need to be tip-top. mine has a few pits up high, but not down low were they would pas thru the seals, tearing them in the process. good lookin bike. Not too pretty to ride rough, you know?
must be somewhat reliable, pulling all those miles.

I think the PO might have put KZ650 forks on it. I know the wheels are off a KZ, I had to get a special sprocket made. I guess I might replace the swing arm bushings along with rebuilding the forks.

Back