Left Side Cover Install Problem

The cover takes 6 screws, 4 @ 25mm long and 2 @ 40mm long. If your 2 longer ones are both 40s, they should work in that hole .....

LeftCover.jpg

One more tip. Yamaha cheaped out on the 2 little Phillips screws they used for the round alternator cover. They used screws 10mm long and they don't grab all the available threads. Switch to slightly longer 12 or 14mm screws there - less chance of stripping the holes that way.

thanks. Starting to wonder if some creature didn't create a mud nest in that hole.... I guess I'll pull it out and see if I can stick a wire in and some sand come out. It's definitely bottoming out early. hmm.

Try swapping the screws?

oh yeah, done that. Now I eve have a new set of screws - same deal. There must be something smashed down in the end of that bore it screws into. Mud daubers did fill some of those holes with sand but I thought I'd blown it all out.

Around here the mud daubers plug any hole they find. leave a bolt out more than a few minutes and they plug the hole.
They are the main reason I bought a tap and die set. After the wire run a tap inthere to clean it out.

Back