Leslie's Tracker Build

Racer
A lad in Wales I can forward his phone number and email address if you want to contact him.

He has his own Mandrell set up/Machine for bending and he does several different types.

He uses 304 stainless steel which should blue up nice once she gets some use.

Leslie

No, just was wondering. They look bloody well right! I'm good with my Omars pipes. There is a fella over here, Gordon Scott, that does equally as nice work.

Merry Xmas
christmassantasnowmobileillustrationzenwaiter.jpg

Essex,
I want to take my time as doing it right is the only way.

Hopefully I will have it on the road for Easter if not sooner.

Just the tank and seat unit now.

Already planning to buy a spare engine and look at getting it re-phased and maybe bored out to 750cc.

Don't know yet as a 650 is the smallest road bike I have had for 30+ years and my last bikes have 1 litre prilla Tuono s, so i will have a cabby round on her for a couple of months then make a decision.

As for the Football I am an exiled Mancunian and they say you can take the lad form Manchester but you cannot take Manchester city FC out of the Lad LOL

Leslie

You're bike will be ready before mine I reckon! I'm wondering how I'm going to get on with a 650 too, my current running bike is a GSX1400 and the last time I had anything less than a 650 was back in the early 80's and that was a 250LC which I think would have left an XS for dead! I'll see how I get on though as I'm either going to be happy wih the XS, get another engine and tune it, or just sell it and probably lose a small fortune on it!
As for football you could write what I know about that on the back of a cigarette packet-with a big crayon lol!

LCs,
Essex I have probably had a love affair since the early 80s with Yamaha and that was down to the LC's.

I think over time people forget just how good the LC was for that era.

My fav was the LC 11 350 with the bikini fairing.

I ended up with an RD500 before getting on the FZ bikes in the mid to late 80s.

I think this was a route a lot of lads took.

Leslie

LCs,
Essex I have probably had a love affair since the early 80s with Yamaha and that was down to the LC's.

I think over time people forget just how good the LC was for that era.

My fav was the LC 11 350 with the bikini fairing.

I ended up with an RD500 before getting on the FZ bikes in the mid to late 80s.

I think this was a route a lot of lads took.

Leslie

I came to own my LC by a different route to most, at the time I had a modified Ducati 900 that when it went was bloody brilliant but it could be a touch temperamental! I obviously needed a back-up bike and first off got a CZ175 trail bike off some guy I worked with, I didn't really want it but he was splitting up with his missus and owed me £25 and couldn't afford to pay me so gave me the bike instead!! The CZ was ok for a winter hack but come the spring I was offered a 250LC for £575 and managed to get it for £500 plus the CZ-RESULT :D I kept that LC for about 4 years and absolutely loved it, I even used it to go on a couple of touring holidays 2-up with all the camping gear and worked it as a dispatch bike for a while too :) I only sold it when I needed to move house and was desperate for the cash and always regretted the sale, I'll dig out some pics of it later!

I found a couple of pics of my old LC :)

LC4_zpsbb1bec1b.jpg

I think it was possibly the first 250LC to be sold in the UK, my mate bought it new and I got it when it was a couple of years old but I never saw another one on a V plate!

LC2_zpsb635411c.jpg

And here it is again being used in a way that Mr Yamaha might not have intended but it did the job very well ;)

Here you go the Ducati a long way from home on the Camargue, France! I spent a fortune on that-Desmo conversion, high comp pistons, ported &gas-flowed, 40mm Dellorto pumpers, upgraded clutch, K&N's, Conti pipes, replaced alot of the tinware with plastic, went like a rocket then ate it's own crankshaft!!!!!

med82014Correction.jpg

If you got 50+ miles in one go you must of had the good one.:(

The day after that pic was taken I crashed that one destroying the front mudguard and headlight and bending the forks-over 1000 miles from home with no way to get back other than ride it! Along the way the big-ends disintegrated but it still got me all the way back making a helluva racket, I tried firing it up at home the next day but it wouldn't have it and I never got to ride it again as I had to sell it in bits :(

I was involved with racing in the mid to late 80s, we run a team from the firm were I work A1 sheet metal ltd.

The gaffer/owner used to marshal at the IOM for years, and he was a Ducaphile (Poor Bastard) I think he was in love with Hailwood.

He then decided to sponsor a couple of local lads one of whom worked for him/us.

I think the first Dukes we had where 851's , it got that bad that after 2 or 3 meetings he paid an auto electrician to come to the meetings with us.

He then Upgraded to the triple 8,s,,,and they were even worse possibly the biggest piece of unreliable CRAP that I have had the misfortune of coming into contact with.

Bought 2 on the Thursday from Italia classics Lincoln went to Thruxton with 2 bikes and 4 engines.

The useless pieces of shit never made it past Saturday dinner time!!

How they are still in business is a complete mystery to me

Sorry If I have offended you Essex but my poor owd gaffer (God bless him went to the grave knowing if we had bought Yammie or Honda we would of done a lot better with spending a lot less.

I dare'nt even tell you about how I bought i 916 when they first come out ( second one in the country if I remember)in my name with the gaffers money,,for him of course.

He knew if his wife found out that he had wasted more money on them useless pieces of shit she was off...

Leslie

The later Dukes were actually way better electrically than the early ones like I had. I owned 3 of them in all, a 250 Desmo, the 900GTS special in the pic and a Darmah 900. At the time I was earning good money as a toolmaker and living at home with my parents but once I moved out the Duke had to go-no way could I afford to keep repairing that and pay my own bills!
I did come out of it with an above average knowledge of motorcycle electrics though ;)

The only Italian Bike manufacturer ever to make a decent reliable bike was Prillia and the only reason for that is they used a Rotax/Bombardier engine with Siemens electrics

Leslie

Back