Leslie's Tracker Build

Hey Leslie

I just want to clarify an earlier post. Are your custom yokes the same dimesions as standard R6 yokes in terms of fork width?

I only ask as I have an R6 front end (forks and yokes) and I'm concerned with clearance of the calipers and the spokes. Not yet got to the build up stage, so have don't know if there is a problem yet.

Hamos

My yokes are made to the standard R6 centre lines/width.

You have to make 2 spacers to go in-between the brake disc and the wheel. to make sure that the discs run true in the calipers in the middle of the brake pads

I hope that is a better answer

Leslie

Racer they are standard although I don't know what year they came of.

Just polished them up and fitted stainless spokes.

I would hate to think how much they would cost to buy this standard of finish/refurbishment.

Leslie

I have re-spoked my wire wheels what do you think

re-spokedfrontwheel.jpg
[/IMG]

Leslie

Leslie is the gold hub painted or powder coated? Debating now, if I want to coat mine black or polish them

It is a Omar,s seat unit cushion and brake light fro Omars Dirt Trac Racing in the United States.

His name is Bob and he has bent over backwards to help me, he is a top mucker and I cant recommend him highly enough.

Pregrid has the same seat on his tracker build.

Leslie

Pierrax
I have kept the centre line of the R6 forks so they are wider than the standard XS650 app 15mm and had a set of yokes machined to suit.

Then I have manufactured a couple of spacers to go behind the discs to bring them in line with the R6 calipers.

DISCADAP006.jpg
[/IMG]

I am using a standard XS650 wire wheel and with the new set up there is not a problem with the clearance.

I can send you a AutoCAD file of the spacers if the Fazer yokes and forks are the same centre line as a R6.

Leslie

Would love that auto cad for the spacers have to get some cut for mine. What rotors did you use?

Nasty N8,
The discs are EBC MD2024L/S EBC MD2024R/S I wanted the floating discs but I did not want the modern spider web centre's.

They look period and I just purchased a tin of cheap gold paint (Spray tin) and painted the centre's job done

PM me your email and i will send you the cad drawing.

Leslie

Before you painted the hubs, did you notice on every other spoke that comes from the inside out, a wear mark on the hub itself from the spoke? Because of that on both front hubs I have, I'm leary of paint or pc being worn off.

Hi,
Has any of you guys got a rear wheel (Drum brake) spacer collar that would sell me and post to the United Kingdom.

Part Number: 90387-20444-00 COLLAR

Or if someone has one of the rear wheel spindle that they can give me the dimensions of.

The outer diameter the width and the position and depth and width of the grove on the out side of the collar/spacer

XS650SWINGARMANDSPACER002.jpg
[/IMG]

Back