Leslie's Tracker Build

Strewth, must weigh a ton, its going to make the frame look spindly :)

I know what you mean it may make the frame look too thin.

But I have put the larger diameter and wider center line R6 forks in the front,

and the new ali rear swinger in the photos is going to be shortened by 110 mm and narrowed by 55 mm - 65 mm.

As for the weight difference the aluminum is box section is surprisingly light.

I will give it a go and see what she looks like (watch this space:laugh:)

I originally wanted a JMC swing arm but I couldn't get one anywhere.

Leslie

Thanks 61

The FZ1 swing arm only cost £15 from a local breakers so if it doesn't look right then not much lost other than another bit of experience of motorcycle design gained :)

Leslie

No, it's cool. I'm slowly learning the King's english!

I'd prefer to find out Victoria's Secret
banana_zps3d1c04df.gif

do you mean Victoria Beckham,,she is the official queen of Crass and she is married to a proper faggot his royal highness lord becks of the willy lickers a full blown fucking muppet

Last edited:
do you mean Victoria Beckham,,she is the official queen of Crass and she is married to a proper faggot his royal highness lord becks of the willy lickers a full blown fucking muppet

Do I take it the Beckhams are not on your Christmas card list? ;)

Essex,
There is one overriding factor in my deep hatred for that dirty Hun Beckham.

I would love to smother him in Badger juice and set a pack of 25 rabid border terriers on him,

The dirty Fenian bastard played for the SCUM (Man Ure F C).

I hope his hair drops out his teeth turn brown and his wife fucks of with a fat bird and sets up home in a East European lesbian commune taking his evil spoilt offspring with her.

Other than that he seems OK

Leslie

Last edited:
Actually, seeing that, a big swinging arm doesnt look too bad as the frame section around the riders footrest mounts is pretty beefy!

Actually, seeing that, a big swinging arm doesnt look too bad as the frame section around the riders footrest mounts is pretty beefy!

Sorry I dont mean to be patronising but the new style Ali swing arms are made from hollow/box section aluminum and not billet/solid aluminum,

When i go back to the workshop I will weigh the old and the new just out of interest :eek:

Leslie

I know mate, Ive had dozens of bikes with ally s/arms , beefy refers to the size not the weight!:)

:) Im a convert!
Its going to look great, see this...

Attachments

• 1980_Yamaha_XS650_Cafe_Racer_468x318.jpg
    1980_Yamaha_XS650_Cafe_Racer_468x318.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 181
:) Im a convert!
Its going to look great, see this...

Thanks for the photo you have got the idea I was thinking of going down the monoshock route but I think it is just one step to forward in keeping with the theme of the build.

And that swing arm looks perfect proportionally to the rest of the bike,,,shame you have'nt got the full bike in perspective

Leslie :thumbsup:

I just contacted Abbey Engineering to see if they are producing JMC swingarms. The are no longer producing them as they are not cost effective. So JMC swingarms are no longer available. That leaves Metmachex in the UK, or your current solution Les.

Metmachex are ubber expensive,,,although there work is of a high standard, I have met Sean of Metmachex as there was an Aprilia dealer on the same Little Industrial estate and I called in out of curiosity.

I reckon I could knock one out using a FZ1 ali swing arm for £475-£575 ready to fit ,I will know better when I have manufactured mine and added everything up.

Metmachex don't manufacture an XS650 Ali box section swing apparently(Web site)

Hamos might be worth you phoning to find out and see what they say.

I would be shocked if it was under £650 if they do one.

Leslie

Back