Lesters Swing Arm bobber, Brat type build thread

Cheers Ryan,
I know exactly how it is... wait til you got three kids running around your legs needing your attention... its nice thou... my family is my nr one.
Every morning I wake up at 6 to go to work... and every morning I wonder what I can do to have the better part of the day for myself and not work without going broke in a very short time... well all I can come up with is to play Lotto, cross my fingers and shut up.

Another one in the same boat here!! Have a 19 months daughter and an other in the oven!! This thread is beginning to look like a Friday Daddy's meet guys!! Pop a beer and lets have a talk!! haha!

I have finally got a chance to experiment with the '54 pontiac hubcap I have been waiting for. Jdizon... we have discused this before in different thread... well it looks like its a no go... I really think it looks amazing and gives new life to the mag, I really like how the Pontiac letters show too BUT as you can see its a sloppy fit.... 5-6 more mm and it would be perfect.
I will be looking into running a 19" mag in the rear which was Plan B.... not a bad plan B.

full

Hey man just a thought but what if you took that black car door trim (self adhesive and goes on the edge of a car door) and put it on the outer edge of your hub cap... Its flexible, durable and I bet would take up that small gap and blend in vs looking like a band aid fix lol... I used some on the inside of the caps I'm using to cover my mag with...

Cheers man, I'll look into that... I also thought about useing that foam tape stuff and use it as backing and use some Tech7 silicon stuff as filling... them paint that and the rest of the mag semi-flat black.....

Hey jdizon.... coukld you photoChop that for us????

Cheers man, I'll look into that... I also thought about useing that foam tape stuff and use it as backing and use some Tech7 silicon stuff as filling... them paint that and the rest of the mag semi-flat black.....

Hey jdizon.... coukld you photoChop that for us????

PhotoChop semi-flat mag?

I got a few things done today here is the kicker finally welded up and assembled

full

full

full

I'm amazed at how much time went into that little bling-bling "upgrade"...LOL.
Hope it looks good on the bike.... I'll save it for last.

I got a few things done today here is the kicker finally welded up and assembled

I'm amazed at how much time went into that little bling-bling "upgrade"...LOL.
Hope it looks good on the bike.... I'll save it for last.

That turned out amazing good.

I will have to copy cat you and do something almost the same.

Cheers Jim,
Go for it.... none of my ideas are original its all been done before in one form or the other.
I am only honored somebody like my work and would like to do the same og similar.
Your build looks great!

Last edited:
Thanks guys...

Well here thay are finally welded to the kit.

full

full

full

I also moified the stock bars... After some clean up work they will look OK. I have to use my money wizely and bars are easy to swap later on anyways... and I don't even know which bars will look right on the bikes yet. I just need to narrow it in alittle and all is good. I'll need it on the bike to get it just right.

full

full

full

What a cheap ass I am..... LOL
:laugh:

I agree jdizon, I like them a bit wider than my shoulders... don't look too bad and real comfortable for me... I think the lane splitter look is cool but I couldn't ride with thouse bars at all.

I think the bars turned out great. Way to re purpose Lester. A little flap disc on the welds and your there. How much did you end up taking out.

I also moified the stock bars... After some clean up work they will look OK. I have to use my money wizely and bars are easy to swap later on anyways... and I don't even know which bars will look right on the bikes yet. I just need to narrow it in alittle and all is good. I'll need it on the bike to get it just right.

What a cheap ass I am..... LOL
:laugh:

Lester,
Thats Funny about the Bars.
Check out my Build thread from a little earlier this evening. You and I spent the day in similar endeavors.

I think the bars turned out great. Way to re purpose Lester. A little flap disc on the welds and your there. How much did you end up taking out.

H3llbent1,

I will measure and let you know... I just cut out as much as possible leaving just enough material after the radius so I could place a welding-bung in the bars... it made setting the angle and getting the joints just right alot easier.

Lester,
Thats Funny about the Bars.
Check out my Build thread from a little earlier this evening. You and I spent the day in similar endeavors.

Look at that.... mine are a bit more conserative than yours though...LOL.
I like em, jdizon's bars are real nice too, he got the proportions just right.

Back