picture.php
Awsome detail in your bikes, love your work. Alot of talented guys here and don't want to leave any out but have always liked Ian and Dwyatt's bikes as well :thumbsup: I don't want to be a "thread hog" so enough from me :laugh:

Barb,

If I posted a picture of my XS650 with sidecar they would cancel my membership here, your's looks great to me. Mine is the California Sidecar
version of yours, Companion is what they called mine when they made them.

Ken

Hi Crash,

It's a 1965 Spirit of America "Sport Chair". I got it locally from some nice folks who had it on a big ol' Harley, and it was way too small for that bike. It fits the XS just right, though. It's a bit rough, and the seat needs to be recovered, but it is sure nice for camping! LOTS of room...:)

Barb

sweet yam, nice looking 77. The seat does it latch tight or can you push it down another 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch after it latches?

Thread hog! Hell, ten or twenty more pics of that bike would be just dandy!:thumbsup:
Ok a few more and too anwser a few Q's I always get.... On my first build I tried a proportioning valve but it was not needed because it stoped best turned all the way out? Maybe because of distance from master (modern sportbike for duel front calipers) was farther away to rear brake then front? So I got rid of it and just used a "T" fitting. The tires are "Firestone replicas" 500-16 rear and 400-19 front. Rear fender is from 1930's spare tire cover. Air cleaners are old school hot rod type that were used on tri-power setups and such, made my own adapters for them to fit stock xs carbs. Headlight is LEV brand that was used on many bikes in Europe and lots of mopeds as well. Handle bars are clubman design. Frame is 4" stretch and 40deg rake. Calipers are not chrome just polished, lots of polishing:banghead: Distclaimer: Any thing I post is just what I did NOT saying you should, do at your own risk, yadda, yadda etc....

Here is another I did with with my friend Tom for our friend Dan. Tom painted the bike and also made the pipes, This bike has a cam and a few other mods...

- frederic fleury - its in french, very well laid out write up with a great photo album...if you have a problem with the language, try opening it in google translate, or ask

Gawd, I still think gordonscotts is the way an XS should look ! Superb, just what Im aiming for this year :thumbsup:

god, I should make a thread someday, but here is another mock up, with a seat finally. waiting for another box-o-parts to come in before doing some more work. besides, the 20 degree weather isn't very motivating.

IMG_1182.jpg

Looking good with that seat & bottom mount style Bates headlight.:thumbsup:
Did you get all the electrics in there ok?
Kev

Back