Sweetest XS ever ardcorechoppers!!!! Diggin' every square in of it!!! I don't have the heart to chop my XS up or else it would look very similar to yours! Awesome!!!!!!

Wow, maybe it's just a matter of taste (or lack of it), but damn these bikes are ugly when stock, kind of remind me of that old saying "can't polish a turd".

Well great job to ALL the guys that takes these things and cut them up to make really nice looking works of art.. I'm grabbing ideas left and right... some real nice rides!!

Well, here's mine...

sakebomb2-1.jpg

Thanks dude, every time I get something done I get more motivation. Too bad we ran outta sunlight and it was an awesome day out here in mass. I got jealous of all the bikes riding by :(

Ha yeah that's how I felt yesterday. Right now though I can't pick up the engine to put it back in the frame because I had nose surgery Thursday and I'm not supposed to bend over at all and/or pick up anything over 10lbs. I don't buy into all of the crap they usually tell you that you "can't" do after surgery, but I bent over yesterday and I had a rush of pain in my nose. So I am not even going to try to put the engine in yet.

Even though I am running a sporty tank. I like that you didn't use one. The sporty tank is just so classic though. What are your plans for your overall vision?

I managed to get the tank thrown in with the bike when I got it. I'm unsure what harley it come off of. Once my friend gets the pic up loaded of the "hidden" rear tab I'll throw it up, its pretty slick

SDC10219.jpg

SDC10224.jpg

Over all its gonna be flat black frame, flat white tank and rear fender. I just got white old school schwinn grips, and a Ford Model A tail light (how original.) Still not sure if I wanna paint the rims black but keep the spokes untouched, rear tire is gonna be a vintage firestone. I have an animal crackers tin I'm using for the electrics. Also have a bunch of license plates I'm gonna double up and rivet them together to make the battery box. I was gonna use conecting rods for the pegs on the forward controls but a friend just got his job back at a machine shop so hopefully he can fab up some forwards

malloym,

WOW, that is super clean! Love the bike. Are you going to road and if so what are your plans for the plate and blinkers?

Thanks, although I did get it pretty much the way it looks. Made a few changes here and there but spent a lot of time getting the motor running right. It had that Toyota-like self reving thing which was a lot of fun with no kill switch (fixed that right away, lol).

Re-did the rear brake linkage which didn't work, etc. Pretty much took it apart and put it back together again. Now it's pretty leakless and runs strong. Think I learned a lot going through it to where I am going to help my buddy build one. Should be fun.

Back