My stock 74 TX650A. Runs like a champ with 10,000 miles on it.

Attachments

• TX650a.jpg
    TX650a.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 243
Now that is perfect and I would keep that stock.Most of my bikes were purchased butchered already which makes it easier for me to modify. Your bike however i would just keep stock.Very nice !

Here's my money pit. The only thing I haven't replaced on it yet is the swingarm bushings. Literally every other part I've had to service or replace.

rebuild.jpg

rebuild2.jpg

rebuild3.jpg

i guess if you like stepped seats and shitty buck horn bars.

Infinitely better than the dainty-looking, prim and proper flat-seated "you meet the nicest people on a Honda" Standard! I wouldn't even ride a Standard around the block except as a joke!

I usta hate buckhorns, but now I like 'em - the curlier the better. Just wait, they'll be back in style.

The night I brought her home, for all of $180.
31492_400717866605_524961605_4801133_8199412_n.jpg

Video of the next day, running on a battery later to find out it had 10% water left in it, and was running @ 11v.

The front tire is a bit dry rot (and on backwards!)
The rear tire is BRAND NEW... < 1 mile on it when I bought the bike.
Garaged for ~ a year. Starts w/ electric w/ throttle 1/4 open, or kick no throttle in 3 kicks.

Haven't pulled the carbs, because I can't figure out HOW. Grrr. Seems even harder than my damn inline 4 XJ!!!

you got one of those really GOOD deals! Great bike.
As far as the carbs, once you do it a time or 2 it will get real easy. You may or may not have to loosen one or both of the rubber boots to wiggle them in or out. I think I did it with the boots (carb holders) in place....but maybe not. The boots are not hard to remove anyway, so.....there you go - just unhook throttle cable and fuel line and air boxes, and wiggle 'em on out.

This is my 1975 XS650b. I don't know what to call its look- I just call it mine and I love it- I just did a couple more things to it after work and took this picture- It's already getting dark- There are just not enough hours in the day- Thanks for this great site-

Attachments

• baddogstreet.jpg
    baddogstreet.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 343
  • nightshot.jpg
    nightshot.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 286
Thanks pumps- My favorite part is the triple tree- It is stock- but with the clip on bars and and the indicators- I feel like a speed racer-

Attachments

• tripletree.jpg
    tripletree.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 335
This is my '76 I will be ripping into within the next few weeks. Will be cool to see my progress from this-
XS.jpg

My helper-
Badtothebone3.jpg

I will be running 21" black excel A60 rims both front and back, and hardtail. Going for a board tracker/fong style bike.

Thanks C-Los SD- I love them low also- I went to the motorcycle salvage place and they had a bin marked unknown clip-ons - Each clip on had an 10mm allen screw on the bottom of them. I just tig welded some aluminum tabs on the gauges and bolted them on the bottom of the clip-ons- Sorry I don't know the make of the clip-ons.

Back