Hello Jim;

Thanks for posting my pic's. I just seen your bike also. You have done a nice job. Just a quick word on your air filters. Some of the after market ones have a lip on them that well block the air jets on the intake of the carbs. I'm sure someone has covered that on this site.

Wally

Finally I feel like I can post mine up in the thread!
It went from this:
56901010009981298086483.jpg

To this:
dsc0005a.jpg

Man that is a seriously nice bike. Now if we could see the blond on it, that would complete the picture. :laugh:

like the fuel gauge

Thanks man!

Hello Jim;

Thanks for posting my pic's. I just seen your bike also. You have done a nice job. Just a quick word on your air filters. Some of the after market ones have a lip on them that well block the air jets on the intake of the carbs. I'm sure someone has covered that on this site.

Wally

I have heard that, but I wasn't sure if that would even bother me since I'm running dellortos. If anyone knows please speak up!!

Man that is a seriously nice bike. Now if we could see the blond on it, that would complete the picture. :laugh:

Thank you, Atomic! Yeah I actually need to change that. She dyed her hair brunette recently. I doubt she'll get on it anyway... She inherently hates the bike... Since I built it in my kitchen... :laugh:

That's the beauty of this forum. We all share the love bikes and the perinial XS650. Believe it or not this is the 6th one I've owned out of 27 bikes. I keep coming back becaue they are pure simple, honest machines, easily modified to suit the owners desires with a ton of aftermarket support and enthusiasm.

Very nice ,clean ride you have there. My 1978 Street Tracker is the first street bike I have owned in about 20+ years. I had a health problem 13 years ago and sold my 250 Bultaco Pursang and 5 other dirt bikes. Seen a picture of Omars Street Tracker in Cycle World Mag. and just had to build one. I have owed about 10 Yamaha 650 since then. I have 4 Yamaha 650's at present and four NSU's.

Very nice, C-Los. Me likey. I can tell by the not-faded red on the instruments that your bike has probably never been stored outside -- or not without a cover at least.

Questions:

Is your 750 kit the one MikesXS sells? How do you like it?

I see you put Mikuni Roundslides on it too. What size are they? 32s? 34s? Do you have them fitted to the stock airbox, or are you running pod filters?

I like that bum-stop seat also. Where'd you get it from?

Beautiful bikes, indeed!

C-los, I like your rear shocks. I wanted to use them on my '73, but the height and bolt hole diameter are different, I think. Do you think they'd work? I don't want to hijack the thread, so PM me if you care to.

TC

Very Nice Cafe job.
Questons:
1. I did the same resurface cross driil the front rotor - Hows the braking effectiveness mine takes a big heave ho to stop?
2. Hows the riding postion with standard foot controls and clip ons?
3. Love the spoke wheels what sizes did you lace up?

Big Jimmy, I see your cheerleader is now a brunette. Did she dye her hair or did you get a new one?
Gentlemanjim, If your brakes are take a "big heave ho" to work. I might suggest roughing up your pads with 80 grit sandpaper to get them clean, Cleaning the rotors with a Scotchbrite pad.
Going to a smaller M/C will help. I have gone from the 16 mm to a 14 mm M/C and the braking is much better.
I see you have a single disc on front. You may have the 14 mm M/C now. Going to an 11 or 12 mm M/C will work better.
I have a dual disc on mine, I can almost lock the front wheel with one finger.It works very well.

Back