My dad and I worked on this bike for the past 2+ years. It started out as a 1979 Yamaha XS650. The custom frame was built by Grease Rag Customs (http://www.facebook.com/greaserag.customs) and mechanic extras were done by Shawn the Wizard. My dad did most of the heavy lifting for the last year or so though.

Turned out awesome and it runs & rides like a raped ape. Great work, pops! :D

59941717.jpg

96132935.jpg

54097779.jpg

12620986.jpg

Motorcycle003.jpg

Figured I'd post mine...got it, rode it a few seasons, then stripped it completely down and rebuilt it. Not a part I haven't touched or scratched my head over or thrown across the garage the past 3 years. Haven't been able to work on it as much as I like, but it's always on my mind...(besides family, work, and the impending collapse of our known world...)

In theory it just needs electrical. But I want to slim down the seat and bob the rear fender a bit.

Lets start at the beginning with mine :yikes:

Loads to do.

got a TC hardtail sent over. I have some XT spokes with powdercoated rim, Sportster front end and peanut tank.

I'll post the finished bike in a day or two. :)

Attachments

• allfive.jpg
    allfive.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 235
Here's one of my wife's build.

Powdercoat black.

It's closer than mine by a mile to being finished.

Attachments

• DSC00245.jpg
    DSC00245.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 206
New to the site. My neighbor was moving & didnt want to lug his old bike to the new house. He gave it to me for free!!! I dont know much about it, not even sure if it runs.1980-81? Odo says 6547, has been sitting collecting dust for a while. Not sure where to start? Any ideas?
DSCI0054.jpg

DSCI0055.jpg

DSCI0053.jpg

my other 2wheeler, 2003 cbr600rr 36k+ miles
100_0616.jpg

YellowRR It's an '81 0r later. Color and the compartment on the Rt side under the side cover is the give away. The compartment was for the factory security chain. I saw one once and it was a joke of a chain. I guess it was better than nothing.

Here are a few of mine within the first week of getting it rideable. Since then my brake light lense rattled out(replaced with led, and used nylock nuts), pretty much every bolt has rattled loose and now has been locktited in, and the welds on my fender failed from vibrations and the fender is gone(havent replaced yet). Also replaced the ugly stock headlight with a smaller, blacker, xenoner bottom mount one.

IMAG0021-2.jpg

2011-07-08_18-40-10_7.jpg

0706111637_2.jpg

Back