For Sale next week on Flea Bay...girl not included
angis bike.jpg

81 XS400.......6" stretch, Harley rear fender, peanut tank, forward controls, 3" risers, drag bars, Candy Copper with off white pearl.........:thumbsup:

Attachments

• desk top 2a.jpg
    desk top 2a.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 277
  • desk top 3A .jpg
    desk top 3A .jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 340
  • desk top 4a.jpg
    desk top 4a.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 304
My xs chop 16" tellescopic forks.stainless downpipes.. raked.. just about to fit a SU off a MG 1275...Subz

SAM_1171-1.jpg

This is mine so far, bought it as a chopper, and unchopped it to this point..
Giuliari seat(real), Raask rearsets, Pirelli rubber, homemade front fender (8mm aluminium), reinforced rear swing, koni's, Gutted Ducati silencer after ascot pipes and a burn's collector.
Some thing wrong with the stance though.. Maybe make the swing longer? What do you think?
Btw, it rides like a dream, both on and off tarmac..
Plans for this winter: Bigger brakes in front, work on the stance, and finish the 1liter motor.
minTracker.jpg

mintracker1.jpg

Last edited:
This is mine so far, bought it as a chopper, and unchopped it to this point..
Giuliari seat(real), Raask rearsets, Pirelli rubber, homemade front fender (8mm aluminium), reinforced rear swing, koni's, Gutted Ducati silencer after ascot pipes and a burn's collector.
Some thing wrong with the stance though.. Maybe make the swing longer? What do you think?
Btw, it rides like a dream, both on and off tarmac..
Plans for this winter: Bigger brakes in front, work on the stance, and finish the 1liter motor.
minTracker.jpg

I like what you've done. Regarding the stance I think there are a few disproportions the muffler is way too big and the front fener a bit too small, although nicely crafted. A smaller trimmer silencer and a bit more fender would balance the front and rear, thus a better more uniform stance.

Just my opinion plese don't take it as criticisim.

I'm wondering if you have a firm purpose for this bike. The front end has been lowered in the triple clamps, but the bars are quite high. Rearsets and cafe-style seat, but the rubber seems geared more towards dual purpose...

My suggestion would be to raise the front end by lowering the fork tubes in the clamps. Very easy to do to see if you like the effect. I also agree that the muffler seems disproportionately large. It adds too much visual weight to the rear of the bike. The seat as well, seems visually too big for the bike.

What do you think about swapping the bars for a flat bar or low-rise, or maybe even clip-ons? If you want to pursue the cafe look, you definitely need lower bars. Pull the seat and muffler off and take a photo, see if the stance improves. I prefer that my seat does not extend beyond the rear frame loop.

Personally, I like the front fender/fork brace. I might lose the fork boots though. Again, easy to try - if you prefer the boots, slap 'em back on!

And BIG congrats on the un-chop!!! (Not that there's anything wrong with that... *wink!*)

Good luck, and keep posting photos with your stance experiments! We all love photos!

Last edited:
Thanks, the purpose of the bike is none other than to ride the heck out of it, it is meant to resemble something of a tracker/scrambler, hence the rearsets, tires and high bars.. I like the big exhaust, as i find it looks "Racey", going with the theme of the bike..
I might try and shorten and lower the seat slightly, and extend the swing an inch or two..
The front has already been set back to standard height since the pics were taken..

ive had this '72 since it was about 10 years old - nice runner - it came with a white Vetter on it and white saddlebags , no idea where that stuff went -
i found the 16 laced on a XS rim somewhere and these 4" over forks and put all that stuff on , -its wearing my 1975 Nortons headlight bucket- big chrome things much nicer than the little XS unit with its weird size headlight -the '72 came with super low tech headlight bulb, to go halogen, i went with the Norton bucket-- i got another Brit headlight bucket for the Norton- those "tiller " handlebars are ....... unique olde timers and let this bike just slalom the curves - this bike donated its master to the Norton so i got a late model master off a quad and bled it onto this bike- nice front brake and the little master has a high tech look, with a nearly identical dogleg lever as the clutch thats resided on the bike for 30 years

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 191
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 155
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 151
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG