The derby cover is just that..a harley derby cover....had to be modified to fit the curve of the clutch cover..drilled and tapped and sealed with a lil RTV in the threads. 650 central has a kit for 24$ but I couldn't wait and had harley piece sitting in the shop.
The bars...I made them from scratch..as with most of the bike. Few pieces from mikes, 650central and Bungking for the oiltank/elec can kit. Kicker from joewiseguy.com. Norton mufflers from Ebay. I made the rest. Bars, frame plates, bat box, fwd controls, shifter, seat pan, all the mounts and fender braces, etc. Tank from cycleX and modifed the ridge to match the fender and made mounts. Fender from westeagle..chopped and clearanced. cut out the frame gussets and made smoother ones. brake master from a cb750, risers from a cb500t, and custom leather by my Bro John @ Hawyn9Dezyns. Paint by my other Bro Carl @ Vallee Customs. About 450 hours and 2678$ including the original donor purchased for 750$

Mine--
yumh.jpg

vhqmfd.jpg

Since I just posted pics of my bike elsewhere, I thought I'd share one of the best features found on my bike. :D

here is the current state of my build

SNB13244Small.jpg

i've had some minor setbacks and i'm lookin for a good running motor or donor bike, just to speed things up a bit

Last edited:
I fired my engine with boyer ignition, Mikes 1 1/4 pipes, no mufflers, or filters, 34 VM carbs, no throttle cable. Battery only on my test stand. So far no leaks. If this remains I will install and ride. Sure sounds good without any unusual noises. Pix will follow thanks TC

Got most of the bugs out now....some small stuff to deal with...it's just about ready to go to the Manitoba Antique Motorcycle Club Rally....my first attempt to enter it into a show and shine....

SDC10305.jpg

Took a bunch of parts, made it into something I could ride within about 5 days. Gonna ride until it gets cold, take it apart, and do it up right. Here's my little rat bike.

Frame, Motor, Forks all put together.

2010-04-19%2017.01.26.jpg

Wheels installed

2010-04-20%2009.41.55.jpg

Handlebars and solid rear struts (for now)

2010-04-20%2018.53.06.jpg

looks like it, i was looking at those at one point or another. Hows the quality?

Not sure where it came from, it was supplied with the bike when I bought it but just not fitted.
Quality is quite nice. If it is the Thailand one, there's no markings to tell.
Fiberglass base so it's nice and light, and nice covering. Modified one of the original hinge points and fabricated a latching unit opposite.
Not an exact fit but close enough, I think these are meant for the SR500??

This is what mine looks like right now. All that's left is ...everything else!

Attachments

• bikes 046.jpg
    bikes 046.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 230
  • bikes 052.jpg
    bikes 052.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 254
Back