here is my little ride. a LONG work in progress. Hopefully I can actually get it on the road this spring.

Attachments

• IMG_0323.jpg
    IMG_0323.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_0324.jpg
    IMG_0324.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 452
This started out as a basket case and provided many challenges. I have recently completed this project and had the opportunity to ride it. I went to fuel the bike at the gas station, I was surrounded by people asking many questions, and of course I obliged everyone with the details of the bike and build.

Attachments

• 101_1589.jpg
    101_1589.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 319
shocks are just ordered from xs650direct and they were the shortest ones they had I believe. 11.5" part #06-3608. I am short, so i needed something to bring the back end way down.

We just bought a new house, so shits a mess. (garage is getting finished in a few months) This is my 74...clean runner thats close to stock...it was a mess when i got it though.. Yes it needs a new sump gasket. ahaha. only 8,000 miles on it. plus my 200km's since the rebuild.

P4100154.jpg

P4100155.jpg

P4100156.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1235.jpg
    IMG_1235.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1236.jpg
    IMG_1236.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 10
Well i finally got an xs done that I can post in here. Have a build thread going on here, so some of you may have seen it before.

Finally got it on the road and rode it into work last friday. Was my first ride after a few low speed shakedowns. Turns out the dude at Thomas Racing either put 4th and 5th gear in wrong or something broke on the gear selector. I have no 4th or 5th. Gotta pull the motor and ship it from the east coast back to the midwest.

I swear buying a motor from them has been the biggest hassle i have dealt with in a while.

*sigh*

final+005.jpg

final+006.jpg

final+002.jpg

Posted via Mobile

Well i finally got an xs done that I can post in here. Have a build thread going on here, so some of you may have seen it before.

Finally got it on the road and rode it into work last friday. Was my first ride after a few low speed shakedowns. Turns out the dude at Thomas Racing either put 4th and 5th gear in wrong or something broke on the gear selector. I have no 4th or 5th. Gotta pull the motor and ship it from the east coast back to the midwest.

I swear buying a motor from them has been the biggest hassle i have dealt with in a while.

That sucks, but yer bike looks real good. What color is the tank?

haha... i get that alot about the bike. I actually have one of those kawasaki kz 750s in that pic too...

Love the wrenchmonkees.

I forget what color the tank and fender are. I was a root beer metallic when it started off, and I had the paint shop add some orange to it to brighten it up a little bit. Looks a bit too orange that I had planned, but im enjoying it...

Tranny is just my luck lately. Cant win for losing...

Here's the 'ol girl when I first brought her home. My youngster, A.J. (age 4) was actually the first to hop on the bike when I got it home. I think we have a future young rider.
650-2.jpg

This next one was the day I first got her to fire. You can pretty much see the grin splitting my face. Not so much because I was excited (ok, yeah, that did have something to do with it) but more so because I was able to breathe some life into an old piece of history.
650-1.jpg

Back