Links won't load

Anyone else having this problem? I'm not sure what it could be. Something with your browser maybe?

Travis, been tracking this kinda issue for months. Seems to be related to gateway/routers somewhere up in your area. Sometimes clearing the browser cache helps (as you suggested last year). Sometimes, I can get the routers to regen pathways by loading an ATT corporate homepage.

I believe this is a 'net' thing. Ongoing gigabit upgrades, oversubscription/congestion, competition, and provider throttling are all conspiring to give us a hard time.

I get better performance in the wee hours of the night, but then have to deal with asian poke/prod agents...

I have had connection DNS type issues the the last couple of weeks too. I did a full modem reset unplug from wall AND the unplug the outside coax, that worked for a while then it came back. Called my cable company they did a modem reset from their end and all is good now. It's actually pretty neat, the whole process was automated, with a synthetic operator no real people were involved on their end.

Twomany,

please forgive me for my ignorance, first of all, but you think the probliem is on my end?

Howcome i can connect to links on all other websites?

And none of the links you listed let me connect.

Could it be some kind of security setting on my tablet that doesn't trust this site?

Thanks for your help, this is all very frustrating

None of them, huh. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9, wifi'd thru my smartphone, and this adds to the router overhead due to extra addressing. This often clobbers the 'payback links', which goes away when I wifi link thru ATT's server in town.

You can try to select/copy/paste those above links into a text file, restart your tablet, then try them from the text file. If they then work, you may be dealing with a website specific security setting in your tablet, or a server limitation, addressable by your provider.

Docwits, Which internet browser are you using? Is it up-to-date? Have you changed any of the security settings or are they default? Also, do you see a message under the main menu bar of this site that says something about JavaScript?

I am using a surface pro that runs the new windows 8? System. It is not a mobile type device, runs regular windows programs, etc.

I don't see any javascript mentioned anywhere and honestly am still learning to use this thing.

As for security settings, anything i should look for/turn off?

And yes if i copy and paste the link in the address book it loads fine

Okay, great, sounds like it's in your browser, something specific to XS650.com. Make sure 'java script' is enabled. Next, you'll have to swim thru your security stuff, probably just try turning things on and/or off 'till it works.

I've experienced random attacks that occur near the end of a page load. Suspected that maybe one of the supporting advertisers site has been compromised. My 'net security s/w simply blocks that, and this site often comes up minus ALL ad banners. Other times it simply crashes my browser. Haven't nailed it down yet...

THANKS TWOMANY, I'LL GET IN THERE AND LOOK AROUND (once I find it, God to I miss the old windows sometimes) and see what I can do.

But later, gotta go play a little golf first. (sorry to all our northern members, but its cold down here too, not sure if I'm gonna wear shorts or not, only high of 81!)

Back