List of dual ignition coils that would work with a pamco

I was planning on running the iridium plugs which are a resistor plug as well. Do you think it will be a problem with a resistor wire? Or should I just run the standard bp7 plug? Does it really matter either way?

If your coil is hot enough you can run both resister plugs and resistor caps.
You don't want resistor wires. Only one resistance is what you want for lesser coils.
Opening the plug gaps helps with a hot coil. With my green monster coil I use .038 to .040 gap. Just plain wire core wires and 5k caps.
I run Auto Lite AP63 plugs. About $5 a pair at Wal Mart. They use platinum on the tips of the plug. Run about the same as the Iridium plugs and cost much less.
Leo

The nology wires were just something I picked up spur of the moment cause they were on clearance for less than a regular wire pair. Just trying to find out if its possible to use them now that I've put some thought into it. Not sure how hot the coil is. It's a the stock harley coil that Pete suggested in earlier post.

With the Harley type coil, it has about 20-30k output, the resister wire with non resistor caps and plugs should work.
Leo

Just double checked the specs. It's a 30k 4 ohm coil. Rereading nology description says its a resistor type wire with a built in capacitor. Doesn't tell me a specific resistance. If experiment with different plugs do I need to worry about frying my pamco or anything else?

Last edited:
Hi guys! I'm really learning a lot, I would like to know if I can use any coil 2-3 ohm of harley with the ignition pamco 277? Thanks for your help!

I second the dynatek mini coil. Its really easy to to hide which is a big bonus. The Mikes Ultimate coil is a PITA to locate discreetly. I use resistor caps with normal BP7ES plugs.

Back