Listening to what an old hoss is trying to tell me, XS1 wake up

Off to a new chapter of life in Northern California.

View attachment 246987
Guess I was a foster parent.
truckers were very nice in spite of the shirt...
They apologised for the trailer, said HIS would never look that grungy but it was in the shop. We met out at a local truck stop and JUST beat the start of a rain shower.
Yet another orphan restored to riding condition. @BowlingSS
Man, I couldnt part with my XS-1...I reckon it'll be around till after Im gone.

By the way...nothin wrong with their shirts :bike:

20230801_131924.jpg
Weathervane arrived in Northern California earlier this week. Beautiful bike with just the right amount of character/patina for a 53 year old. She was a tad cantankerous on the ride home from the highway where I met the truck, probably due to having fuel drained and then bouncing around in a truck for 2,100 some odd miles. A bit of fiddling and she perked right up. Took a long ride today and introduced her to the Pacific Ocean (unfortunately it was a bit foggy). Just so happy to have this bike. Gary did the heavy lifting, so not much for me to do but enjoy riding her. And yes, will be having a nice Pinot Noir tonight.
20230804_144647.jpg

View attachment 248472Weathervane arrived in Northern California earlier this week. Beautiful bike with just the right amount of character/patina for a 53 year old. She was a tad cantankerous on the ride home from the highway where I met the truck, probably due to having fuel drained and then bouncing around in a truck for 2,100 some odd miles. A bit of fiddling and she perked right up. Took a long ride today and introduced her to the Pacific Ocean (unfortunately it was a bit foggy). Just so happy to have this bike. Gary did the heavy lifting, so not much for me to do but enjoy riding her. And yes, will be having a nice Pinot Noir tonight.
View attachment 248473
Beautiful...love the XS-1's.

I've used Haulbikes myself, 3 times now. 👍

I just did the math on when that XS-1 was picked up and when it was delivered...that was pretty fast for Haulbikes. Mine have always taken much longer than that.

I hope my latest prize gets here that fast from Minnesota. ;)👍

Last edited:
Yes, I was very happy with their service. Haulbikes uses terminals, in that they pick up the bike and send it to one of their terminals where it waits until they have a full truck load before it moves on to the next terminal and so forth. So they are not quick and the bike gets handled more getting moved on and off different trucks. But they are less costly, conscientious, and pleasant to deal with. I think I got lucky; the delivery driver told me that he made the run from Milwaukee to Vegas with my bike on board, picked up another couple of bikes there, and then headed my way.

View attachment 248472Weathervane arrived in Northern California earlier this week. Beautiful bike with just the right amount of character/patina for a 53 year old. She was a tad cantankerous on the ride home from the highway where I met the truck, probably due to having fuel drained and then bouncing around in a truck for 2,100 some odd miles. A bit of fiddling and she perked right up. Took a long ride today and introduced her to the Pacific Ocean (unfortunately it was a bit foggy). Just so happy to have this bike. Gary did the heavy lifting, so not much for me to do but enjoy riding her. And yes, will be having a nice Pinot Noir tonight.
View attachment 248473

Maybe needs a little movement on the float valve cant se any water anywhere else on the roadside
Been stories about petrol flooding over and into the oil thinning it out.
Dont wan to mud-sling other peoples bikes or Whine and Complain
Bur since it Can have technical importance and hurting the bearings .. as a heads up

1691268335166.png

Maybe needs a little movement on the float valve cant se any water anywhere else on the roadside
Been stories about petrol flooding over and into the oil thinning it out.
Dont wan to mud-sling other peoples bikes or Whine and Complain
Bur since it Can have technical importance and hurting the bearings .. as a heads up

View attachment 248522
Was eying that puddle too.

I just did the math on when that XS-1 was picked up and when it was delivered...that was pretty fast for Haulbikes. Mine have always taken much longer than that.

I hope my latest prize gets here that fast from Minnesota. ;)👍

Did you find yourself a 75 in MN?

Back