Look what I found

uncle meat

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Recently purchased 75, I've put a grand total of 4 miles on it and noticed an oil leak at the cylinder and cylinder head. Pulled the engine out and took apart and found a hefty repair staring back at me.

Attachments

• Cylinder head.jpg
    Cylinder head.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 173
  • Right cylinder.jpg
    Right cylinder.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 160
  • Right Piston.jpg
    Right Piston.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 173
Pair of oversized pistons and a bore job. You can take it to 700cc while you're in there. Do valve seals front guide while it's open. Without knowing the bike it's hard to say what happened but it looks like the carbs were not delivering the same to both cylinders. perhaps a leaky float was washing oil off one side? Hard to find a less expensive motor to build than these.

Wow!! That's a lot off carbon build-up on that piston ,looks like a black muffin.as above suggested one side feeding to much fuel.I like to run a few oz of Seafoam every now and then to keep that carbon from building up.Thats the most extreme case ive seen to date Good luck with it.

Higgy, I needed that. I've been bummed, but that GIF gave me a chuckle.:thumbsup:

Aw, cool man! Glad I could help. Abraham is one of my favorite characters in The Walking Dead. Sometimes you just got to say, "Mother Dick."

I'm also a lemons-to-lemonade kind of guy. Look at it this way: Your engine is seriously fucked. Now is the time to seize the opportunity to make it something great! Polished gears, 277 rephase, PMA ignition... oh boy, I could have some fun!

Back