Pics taken in Canberra ACT, :wtf:

Attachments

• IMG00017-20101112-1017.jpg
    IMG00017-20101112-1017.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG00015-20101112-1016.jpg
    IMG00015-20101112-1016.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 237
They always get onto them from the right side for some reason. Maybe to gain an extra couple inches so they won't get run over during a traffic stop?

Funny, you guys don't mind putting the steering wheel on the wrong side, why not the side stand?

Actually we have the steering wheel on the right side....................:D

Did a bit of investigation, the Fed Police have purchased 6 of them, geared down for ceremonial use, like for when Derek Oh Bama finally comes and says G'Day:thumbsup:

Sorry Rude, I'm in Perth WA, yep we got it on the right side, I was refering to our Eastern Pacific bretheren

Ah, yes---the ol' two-wheeled Police Car. It isn't a competitor of the XS, it competes with a Buick! :laugh:

Oh, I know it has lots of power (relatively) compared to an XS, but look at the weight. And I know that police are very well trained and can actually herd the thing around a corner fairly well, but give me the right road and a well-tuned XS and I bet even I could walk away from that monster. (Of course, you can't out-run a radio, and I bet he has buddies....)

All in all, I'll stick with the XS. Simple, light, straight-forward.....yeah, and you could buy eight of them for the cost of the HD!:thumbsup:

That bike would whoop ass all over an xs. All the mean while feeling like your on a recliner

Notice the 999 in my sig...don't know what you plan to catch with an Hd in terms of chasing anybody. Unless it's like a Chevy Aveo or something. I know the radio is faster....Don't even need to leave 2nd gear to outrun that thing.

The Motor-cop has skills and training so far above the average rider, that it is hard to fathom. The wash out rate in the Cop Motor school eliminates all but the finest. I think You Guys and Gals are not giving them the credit they deserve. If you think You are as good as they, go ahead. We will laugh at you on television while they slap the cuffs on You.....I also ride a full dress FLH, with a big-bore kit. I GAUARANTEE You, I can catch You on a XS650, with My Hog. I LOVE MY XS, just sayin.....:bike:

I could be wrong, I'm pretty sure a stock XS650 would eat up almost any stock Harley from the same period. (maybe not the 57 Sportster) And not in a straight line to top speed. In terms of modern bikes, I could cough on my R1 and outrun your FLH =].

Last edited:
I was referring to My 06 FLH, with Kit. You are correct about a race between a vintage XS, and a Vintage Harley. The Harley would probably thrash itself before the race was over.:mad:As far as My Harley versus Your R-1, no comparison.:( I was not trying to get into a "whose bike is faster" argument. I am saying that a Motor Cop on a Modern Harley would make short work of MOST XS650, due to the intense training and unbelievable skill level of those cops.:shrug:

No doubt most bike cops are amazing drivers. I've seen videos of riding I could never do today. Never if I had to use a fully dressed HD. Pretty much all they need is to get the vehicle tag. Job finished.

Posted via Mobile

Last edited:
Back