Look what the local Boys in blue get to play with

:laugh: sorry (insert name) - i should've held back and ignored your stupidity,

but i really feel obliged to call assholes assholes these days.

it's beyond political now.
Always kicking the hornets nest :laugh: Hey Ironhead, I don't think your an asshole just wrong :smoke: Or maybe Jayel is calling me the asshole, that I can't deny :umm: We'll hook up in the spring and go for a :bike: since your just down the road and I'll even break out my American iron (I mean plastic :laugh: 1200 Cyclone)to prove I'm not a Harley basher, I own one, sort of :er: :cheers:

Last edited:
OOOhhh Buells are a WHOLE different story. H-D was very stupid to let him go.

Hey, I'm not hating on American motorcycles. I rode a 65 Sportster inherited by from a friend and I loved it, but couldn't stand the price of old slow parts. Gave it back to my friend for a buncha Jap-crap 4 years ago, and there is no turning back.

Funny thing is, this brotherhood/respect HD riders talk about costs about 11k starting =]. I was actually on the receiving end of bullshit while ON an HD, from other HD riders....I don't get it...maybe it was too old and rusty. Not enough chrome?

Last edited:
Harley-Davidson: The most efficient way to convert gasoline into noise without the adverse side effect of horsepower.

Why don't Harley riders sit on their bikes when the sidestands are down?
They're afraid to lean over that far.

What's the difference between a Harley and a Harley owner's home?
The Harley costs more and has fewer wheels.

How do you know all the aftermarket parts you bought for your Harley are worth the money?
You finally break into the 15′s in the quarter mile.

What's the difference between a Harley Davidson and a vacuum cleaner?
The location of the dirtbags.

Why do Harleys have fringe?
So you can tell if they're moving.

What is the difference between a Harley Davidson and an old dog?
The dog can get in the back of the pickup by itself.

What's the difference between a Harley taken to Daytona on a trailer and one that's being ridden there?
The one on the trailer is going about 30mph faster.

You know you're a Harley rider if...

....you're unable to let your bike simply IDLE at a stop light.

....you confuse the word "character" with the more accurate term
"engineering flaws."

...."water cooled" means standing on the side of the road, in the rain, waiting for a your buddy to come in his pickup truck.

Asshole or not just saying that I have both XS's and Harley's and I just enjoy riding my Harley's the most. Maybe it has something to do with my size and weight, but I feel that my Harley's feel more like a motorcycle should, my opinion and you don't have to like it, I won't lose any sleep over it.

FYI, I do not, and most of my riding buddies do not wear all leather, hell I do't even own a leather jacket. Seems to me, if thats what you associate leather with, (Village people) you have a little more to deal with in your life than what motorcycle to ride.

I enjoy building and buying/selling ALL brands of motorcycles, and if because I have a place in my heart for the most reliable, ridable and fun bikes that I have owned out of MANY, that makes me 'unpopular' with the XS crowd, maybe you should look at your 'Brotherhood' and recognize that you are calling the pot black.Personally my riding buddies ride everything from BSA's to BMW's to Aprilia's and everything in between. We all ride for the ride, and don't bash each others bikes. We ALL have our favorite bike, while mine might make you sick to your stomach, thats your prerogative and your opinion. And opinions are like assholes, they stink and are full of shit!!!

don't go getting your feeling hurt, I was raised on H-D's mechaniced them over 20 years what do I ride now? if it's got two wheels (sometime three) and a motor it's good
1987 XLH1100, 1974 TX650A, 1978 SR500, 1971 CL450, 1970 CL350, 1980 Yammahopper, 1966 Aermacchi/H-D M-50

Attachments

• S6300123.JPG
    S6300123.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 109
Jayel and Slackjaw have apparently never heard of Jay springsteen, or an XR750.
Or Cal Rayborns Bonneville streamliner.
Your tired jokes and slurs are older than My deceased Granny.
Why would You insult me, and My bike, when I have shown nothing but respect, for You and Yours?
When You see Me on the street, I may be on one of My Harleys. Or My XS650. Or My Indian.
I work on My own bikes, and I dont do chrome.
I LOVE BIKES.
ALL BIKES.
I dont ride in a big slow gaggle.
And , at 54 , I am grow up, and have learned not to name call.
Jayel, and Slackjaw, if I saw You broken down on the side of the road, I would stop to help You, but I guess if I was on the Harley, you would tell Me to fuck off. Grow up.

This is last years "collection" before I took a foray into the wonderful world of the XS650...
Some of your jokes are quite funny, I especially like how closed minded some of them are. Saying somebody can't ride a motorcycle because of the brand they have, is like saying the beer you drink won't get you drunk because it's not my brand.

Jayel I want you to notice the front tire on my ZX7, and tell me I don't lean! While all these bikes were fun to ride, and all very different in their own way, it doesn't make me an elitist to say I have a favorite. Hell thats why most of us get married to that special person.It not to say that everyone one before was unworthy, but that ONE just fits...

I don't consider myself a Harley rider, any more than an XS rider.
I am a BIKER, and the bike that captured my heart for the last 17 years just happens to be a Harley.

Attachments

• DSCF3134 (600x432).jpg
    DSCF3134 (600x432).jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 105
  • stuff 002 (600x450).jpg
    stuff 002 (600x450).jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 97
  • stuff 005 (600x449).jpg
    stuff 005 (600x449).jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 105
  • GEDC0042 (600x450).jpg
    GEDC0042 (600x450).jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 117
  • GEDC0059 (600x450).jpg
    GEDC0059 (600x450).jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 20334_102834239748721_100000664354474_81791_833768_n.jpg
    20334_102834239748721_100000664354474_81791_833768_n.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 113
  • stuff 007.jpg
    stuff 007.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Or Cal Rayborns Bonneville streamliner.
Your tired jokes and slurs are older than My deceased Granny.
Why would You insult me, and My bike, when I have shown nothing but respect, for You and Yours?
When You see Me on the street, I may be on one of My Harleys. Or My XS650. Or My Indian.
I work on My own bikes, and I dont do chrome.
I LOVE BIKES.
ALL BIKES.
I dont ride in a big slow gaggle.
And , at 54 , I am grow up, and have learned not to name call.
Jayel, and Slackjaw, if I saw You broken down on the side of the road, I would stop to help You, but I guess if I was on the Harley, you would tell Me to fuck off. Grow up.

as long as you dont dress like the village people i would stop..:laugh:

actually I like the KR's Carroll Resweber, Bart Markel, Mert Lawwill, Fred Nix, Cal, but nothing wrong with a XR.... gotta love the speed holes

Attachments

• classic_KR.jpg
    classic_KR.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 100
IRONHEAD, do you still have the Z-1? I had a 73 Z-1, rode it for 27 years, then sold it to a collector in Florida for 3 times what i paid for it. I am still kickin My own ass for that. Mine was the first Z that Pops Yoshimura ever ported, and it was wicked fast. It would walk all over any KZ that came around. I have a bunch of KZ parts if You know anybody.....

actually I like the KR's Carroll Resweber, Bart Markel, Mert Lawwill, Fred Nix, Cal, but nothing wrong with a XR.... gotta love the speed holes

I wish I could find one of those, thats better than any 401K any day.

I think it's all relative when it comes to what you ride and with whom you ride with. There is a young kid (mid 20's) that rides a Scooter in my area that is more HARDCORE than anyone I have ever met, I've seen him out this winter before the snow plows! Yes he does have a D.L. and a car, I asked him why once and he said because he loves to ride...
Maybe there is a lesson to be learned there. I just know that I would ride side by side with him before I would share the same road with close minded throttle jockeys that consider themselves before and above fellow riders. The same ones that even after it gets old and tiring of doing the salute as you pass each other on the road, hold their nose high in the air because you are not riding the same make or style as them.

IRONHEAD, do you still have the Z-1? I had a 73 Z-1, rode it for 27 years, then sold it to a collector in Florida for 3 times what i paid for it. I am still kickin My own ass for that. Mine was the first Z that Pops Yoshimura ever ported, and it was wicked fast. It would walk all over any KZ that came around. I have a bunch of KZ parts if You know anybody.....

Hahaha!!!
No That didn't last but a couple of weeks!!! Knocked that one out of the ballpark...
That is one one those Urban legend sounding stories. Long story short, bought from the daughter of a man that passed in '89 and it sat in a heated dry garage since. She only wanted $900 for it and I told her it was worth more, but just wanted the quick cash. Replaced the seat and did an oily rag resto, got it running like a top in no time at all, sold on Evil-bay for $8945 !!!

And I should have kept it.:banghead:

I dont care if you are on a Harley,Yami,Suzuki triumph etc. I get it mostly from Harley riders though about how my jap bikes are pieces of crap. Personally I dont like Harley's maybe it's because of the owners I dont really know

That is because THEY are Harley owners, and not BIKERS...
Hell I get "girls bike" from some of the same idiots, until I tell them to line it up.
Having money doesn't get you the respect, it's the respect you give that does. Most true "Harley Riders" appreciate the mechanical art more than the brand, at heart. You should see them gather around an old BSA marking it's territory more than an old Panhead, sitting next to an OCC abomination...

I think it's all relative when it comes to what you ride and with whom you ride with. There is a young kid (mid 20's) that rides a Scooter in my area that is more HARDCORE than anyone I have ever met, I've seen him out this winter before the snow plows! Yes he does have a D.L. and a car, I asked him why once and he said because he loves to ride...
Maybe there is a lesson to be learned there. I just know that I would ride side by side with him before I would share the same road with close minded throttle jockeys that consider themselves before and above fellow riders. The same ones that even after it gets old and tiring of doing the salute as you pass each other on the road, hold their nose high in the air because you are not riding the same make or style as them.
This was exactly my point! It's hard to explain yourself at times over the internet, sometimes things don't come accross the same way without a face to face dialog. My apologies to the original poster for the hi-jack. P.S. :D

This was exactly my point! It's hard to explain yourself at times over the internet, sometimes things don't come accross the same way without a face to face dialog. My apologies to the original poster for the hi-jack. P.S. :D

holy hell you got balls of steel ...:thumbsup:

Back