Looking for a billet fork brace.................

Tkat's special brace

fb1.jpg

fb2.jpg

fb3.jpg

I know this is an old thread but I am currently looking for a brace and would like one the style of the TKAT---however, I have 34mm forks. Anyone know where I can get one for the 34? If not, another question, can I mount the 35mm and shim it or give me your thoughts on that idea---in terms of looks, function, etc. please.

Thanks

I know this is an old thread but I am currently looking for a brace and would like one the style of the TKAT---however, I have 34mm forks. Anyone know where I can get one for the 34? If not, another question, can I mount the 35mm and shim it or give me your thoughts on that idea---in terms of looks, function, etc. please.

Thanks

Hi jsmith,
I have 35mm bored TKAT braces on the family XS650s and a 37mm bored TKAT brace on my XS11.
Surely TKAT must have the capacity to make them bored to 34mm?
TKAT is only an e-mail away, you could ask?

Hey fredintoon,
Thanks for the response, I actually did send TKAT an email this morning. Do you like the ones you have from them? They sure look nice.

Hi jsmith,
yes, all ours came from TKAT. They look great, takes mebbe 5 minutes to install (after you remember where you left the Allen wrenches, that is) and they surely cut down on the front-end flexing. BTW, over the years I've bought five of them.

Don't know if you could ever find one (eBay maybe?), but this is the brace Tkat copied, an ATK. It came with strips of shim stock to wrap around the fork lower so it could be made to fit different diameter lowers. I have one wrap of shim stock on mine. I don't see why the Tkat brace couldn't be shimmed in the same manner .....

ATKForkBrace.jpg

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1444840259689.jpg
    FB_IMG_1444840259689.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 168
Back