Looking for any information about this bike. I'm in love

aduckonquack

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone I stumbled upon this bike researching my next bike i wanted to create and fell in love with bobbers this one directly. I read a small script under one of the photos that it was a modified XS650. But i have no idea what year, what was modified etc. I am hopping some one can chime in and let me know

Difficult to say what it started out as but definately an XS650.
Its been hardtailed and had what looks like a sportster tank fitted. Carbs appear to be Mikuni BS38's.

Forks, wheels, and brakes look original
Exhaust, brake linkeages, forward controls, seat, instruments, paint, pods, bars, lights, rear mudguard all look to be custom

Assuming he used the original parts he started with a 77-79 XS650 roadster (standard).

The results? I guess it's in the eye of the beholder..........

How tall are the riders who are doing the bobber conversions and how comfortable/awkward is it to ride with straight bars. I'm 6 1 will I have any problems

You will look big on the bike. I am 6' and ahve no problem reaching the bars. I do not have fwd controls, as I feel they look out of place on a bike this small. Nice looking bike though

Bobbers are great-looking bikes but can be pretty cramped for taller guys. Check out the videos on Youtube. The big guys look like they are having fun, but might need to get off and stretch ever few miles.

ANLAF

Back