Wanted - Luggage rack for 1980 xs650 Special

maxdog

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Looking for a luggage rack that will fit a 1980 XS650 Special model. I would like something that looks period specific for the vintage of the bike if possible. I understand that Yamaha had some racks available for the bike as an option, but I do not have any part numbers. Think KG and possibly AMCO had them too. Please advise with what you may have along with condition, price, and pictures. Or, if you have come up with a personal solution for a rack, please let me know. Thanks in advance!!

24B4D8D0.jpg

7FA8B01F.jpg

3E9099CF.jpg

I know this came off a 650 but I'm not sure if it will fit you bike take a look at the mount

Thanks for responding. The pictures I have for my model bike with a rack mounted look nothing like this. The front brackets do not seem symmetrical either. Do you know what model/year xs650 it came off of?

9AAAC6A5.jpg
it came in a box of parts with a 78 I just bought so who knows what year it fits. the holes do line up with the shock mounts on my 80 special. However my bike no longer has the frame loop. The sissy bar dose come off

Back