Made clock from old sprockets

kuthe64

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made this clock from my old 81 xs650 front and rear sprockets. I had to grind down the front sprocket just a little bit and then just tapped it into the center. Bought a $3 clock from walmart took the guts out and glued it to the back. Used to screws in the bottom to hold it up. Pretty simple way to reuse the old parts. It also works out because there are twelve different circles on the rear sprocket.

Attachments

• Clock 2.jpg
    Clock 2.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 115
  • clock 3.jpg
    clock 3.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 105
  • clock.jpg
    clock.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 97
If it wasn't for the 12 holes I'd say nah, but because of them it's very good!

That is a nice change from the saw blade clocks. Very creative.

nice man, if those two bolts are to prop it away from the wall or up on a desk, you should ditch those and weld two studs on the back. it looks to heavy on the bolt side. (not physically)

I made one of these out of an old renthal sprocket which has 12 lightning holes came out great every one that sees it wants one I have it mounted in my toy hauler that we take to MX races. I contacted renthal about possibly putting these into production but they allready had made some a few years back that were given out as promotion items

I made this clock from my old 81 xs650 front and rear sprockets. I had to grind down the front sprocket just a little bit and then just tapped it into the center. Bought a $3 clock from walmart took the guts out and glued it to the back. Used to screws in the bottom to hold it up. Pretty simple way to reuse the old parts. It also works out because there are twelve different circles on the rear sprocket.
....................... hi i luv your clock,,,,, now its got me thinking regards oldbiker

,,,, now its got me thinking regards oldbiker

Oh-ho, that's how we get into trouble. Was at WallyWorld yesterday, saw the budget clocks while thinkin' about this thread. Saw a nice 4"-5" clock, first thought was:

"The gently curved bezel on that clock would make a perfect clear stator cover."

I ran outta there...

Back