Yeah, more tools.........(please)
I see they have an electric grinder...but pricey
image_22808.jpg

I got a reconditioned air compressor from our Princess Auto some years back and it works great plus it will run a die grinder. Its all in the duty cycle (the balance of on versus off time) that you impose. Just be patient and stop occasionally, and even a small compressor can run an air tool.

Last edited:
Oh yay! I made it to the happiest place on earth!
View attachment 131053 View attachment 131054 View attachment 131055

And oh yeah, I got the assorted wire wheels too! I really wanted the angle air grinder ( only $13 !!! ). But I don’t have an air compressor big enough to run it, so that would lead to a new air compressor and fittings and hoses, and then more air tools, and before you know it , my car would have to be parked outside!! Yikes! :yikes:

Hi Mailman,
don't need to be "new". My 16cfm unit
IMG_0069.JPG
just grew up from bits'n'pieces that I collected over time.
But air tools are another story. Buying air tools can become an addiction and there ain't no Air Tools Anonymous that I know of.

Yes, you need a compressor with a bigger tank (25 to 30 gallons) to run those die grinders well. I have a smaller 17 gallon tank one in my garage and while it runs them, it runs a lot in the process. The larger compressor in my work shed (25 gallons) runs them much better. But larger tank compressors don't have take up too much space, not if you get an upright model. I'm considering a bigger one for my garage. I didn't realize how much of a hindrance the smaller tank would be when I got it. It struggles with running air impacts too, or least running them for very long. It simply runs out of air and I have to wait for it to refill again.

With a small, one car garage and many motorcycles, I haven't had a car in my garage in years, lol. And where I am, they do sit out in the snow, lol. That's OK, I hate cars anyway. I only have one 'cause I need it. If I lived down south, I might not even have one. But wait, I guess I would need something, like a truck or van, to pick up motorcycles, lol.

I like the way you think, :D I’ll let you tell that to my wife!
Well you could just turn it into the shop you know you want. :shootme:
Just make sure you put in a toilet, fridge, microwave and air fryer. That way you have a place to live until she lets you back in the house.:(
If you want me to tell her send me your number. I'm far enough away to be somewhat safe. You on the other hand may have a problem.:)

With a small, one car garage and many motorcycles, I haven't had a car in my garage in years, lol. And where I am, they do sit out in the snow, lol. That's OK, I hate cars anyway. I only have one 'cause I need it. If I lived down south, I might not even have one. But wait, I guess I would need something, like a truck or van, to pick up motorcycles, lol.

You made me snort 5T! :D

Yes, we finally got one in our town. I used to have to drive 25 miles or so (and I did), now less than a mile, lol. It's in the same little plaza as my grocery store so I can hit both in one stop. But I've been there so much now, I can't think of anything else to buy, lol. I've got those little free flashlights coming out my ass, lol.

I wish they'd change up and add to their freebie offerings. Sometimes they do add something new, most recently their smallest moving blanket. These things are great, not only for their intended purpose but as a padded drop cloth in case you need to lay down next to the bike to get under it at something. I've managed to score 3 so far and I want more, lol.

I wish they'd change up and add to their freebie offerings. Sometimes they do add something new, most recently their smallest moving blanket. These things are great, not only for their intended purpose but as a padded drop cloth in case you need to lay down next to the bike to get under it at something. I've managed to score 3 so far and I want more, lol.

....or you could sew them together and make a tarp....or a carrying bag for all those pocket flashlights! ;)

....or you could sew them together and make a tarp....or a carrying bag for all those pocket flashlights! ;)
We are thinking in the same vein, Pete.
My thought was to stitch them together to make an attractive bedspread..:)
Martha Stewart would be envious.

Actually, back in the early 70's I dropped out of undergrad school for a year and delivered furniture. The moving blankets we used were superbly made, and somehow a couple made it home with me :rolleyes:
Being a poor student, they became my warm bedspreads for a few years.

Back