Man am i a DUMBASS

member3480

RICH
Reaction score
Most parts don't beat me up as much as this one did. I bought a NEW!!!! Aftermarket master Cylinder from one of the big name company's and it didn't work BRAND NEW I would think it should work RIGHT. No won't bleed up at all so the smart guy i am (NOT) I bought two more from two other companys to compair why the first one didn't work. Now i got three out of the three the cheap one work and the other two won't bleed. So i take the first one all apart and check everything. LOOKS GOOD. Try it on two different bikes still the same. Read some threads and guys said try this try that. Now how can this $80.00 part BRAND NEW not work and a beat me up and a 30 year old one i pulled from old stock work one two three. Well nothing ever beats me up this bad and when i tell you what it was you are going to say and i deserve it DUMB ASS!!!
What do you think it was??????? Very simple and now if you buy one you will know the first thing to do.
COME ON there are a bunch of smart guys on here.......

Maybe the lever was not able to give a full stroke of the m/c piston.............lever adjustment not set-up correctly? Piston has to be able to uncover the tiny holes in the M/C.

ok we give up :D

I always prime my master and slave cylinders with fluid and work the pistons so the the rubber seals are lubricated. I think it helps prevent the piston from sticking at full travel

I had one that the boot came off the cap and I was pouring the fluid in that instead of the resivore of the master I was working in low light and tried to bleed it for hours Ha ! Ha ! I'll never do that again

AND THE WINNER is..............
Retiredgentelman got it two out of three the lever holds the plunger in too far and there is not enough stroke to bleed.
Were the hell were you weeks ago HAHA
One of these was bought from MikesXS and the other two off EBAY.
A little sanding down the lever and it pumped up with no problem. I left the lever off of one and just pumped it with the plunger all the way out and with the cover off there was the bubbles i wanted to see and then the squirt of fluid into the air after all the bubbles were gone.
THIS DROVE ME NUTS plus cost me extra money. SO I AM A DUMBASS!!!:yikes:
FOR THINKING if you buy new its going to work like NEW!!!! NOT......

AND THE WINNER is..............
Retiredgentelman got it two out of three the lever holds the plunger in too far and there is not enough stroke to bleed.
Were the hell were you weeks ago HAHA
One of these was bought from MikesXS and the other two off EBAY.
A little sanding down the lever and it pumped up with no problem. I left the lever off of one and just pumped it with the plunger all the way out and with the cover off there was the bubbles i wanted to see and then the squirt of fluid into the air after all the bubbles were gone.
THIS DROVE ME NUTS plus cost me extra money. SO I AM A DUMBASS!!!:yikes:
FOR THINKING if you buy new its going to work like NEW!!!! NOT......

Just a lucky guess:D

Back