Matt's '76

I would love a shot at being on the calendar, just need to get some good photos

Well buddy, you live in San Diego, as Maverick said you live in a “ target rich environment” !
AB184329-59E1-4D09-A1AB-82FA3A669E1B.jpeg

Very cool bike man, building something similar just now and was wondering how you got the front wheel to work with the discs?? Also what size tyres are those as they look bang on for the stance of the bike?

Very cool bike man, building something similar just now and was wondering how you got the front wheel to work with the discs?? Also what size tyres are those as they look bang on for the stance of the bike?

Thanks!

The rotors are the "High Performance" discs from Mikesxs. They have the correct bolt pattern for the stock hub, and a 298mm diameter which is the same as the '01 R6 forks and calipers I used, then machined spacers to offset the rotors to fit into the calipers without any additional caliper bracket or adapter, and machined new wheel spacers. The tires are 3.50-19 front and a 4.00-18 rear, Shinko Trail. I'm not a fan of the tires. The look absolutely, but not the ride. Obviously they are super aggressive for the street, but they came with the bike and were practically new so I figured I'd burn em down first. Here is a close up of one of the spacers.

Attachments

• 20181128_171706.jpg
    20181128_171706.jpg
    585.8 KB · Views: 238
Thanks for the reply man, much appreciated. Still in the strip down phase, fitting a PMA kit and trying to get the engine to run better before I break the grinder out.

Back